“Reasonable for the price”

Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Springfield, VA
“Reasonable for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here for one night and didn't need to spend a lot of time on the property. Called the hotel itself when making the reservation and they got us a better rate than what we had seen online. Was pet-friendly, the pool was OK for a quick dip on a hot day, and the free breakfast was enough to fill us up.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

We only needed one night in this location. I used Priceline and this is what we got. Never again. Nice front deal person but it's similar to a motor lodge setup. Seems like they tried to take an outdated motel and throw in a few updates although not that hot. No bugs that my pest control technician bf could find. Our room was noisy as u can hear people in the room next door. There was actually a door between the rooms! Our room was non smoking, fridge, micro king bed. Nice hot water. Sheets were old with marks on them...hmmm. Just the whole place seemed cheap...not worth 100 bucks!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Kusscat
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Not the type of place one should stay for more than one night if money is an issue. Location is somewhat desolate and the check in and breakfast room is dilapidated and disconnected from the main room building. It is 2 stories but no elevator. We had to have our electronic keys redone 3 times in 2 days. The drink machines on both floors were empty and only some of the rooms were renovated. The reason why we stayed at this location was price along with it listed as new. It was far from it. I would recommend that you stay here only if you are running from the police or you are in the witness protection program'

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tarentum, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

I recently spent one night at this hotel and will NEVER go back! The place was out dated, with stains on the carpet and bedding. The toliet made an awful sound everytime I flushed it. The TV only had a few channels and the picture was very "snowy" looking. The worst part of my experience was finding bugs under the bed!!! I checked in late to the hotel (around 9pm) and went straight to sleep. The next morning when I got up and packed my belongings, I looked under the bed to see if my daughter or I had dropped anything. I saw this brown mound of something under the bed. I took the hotel pen and nudged the mound and a swarm of white looking ants came pouring out!! I grabbed my daughter and went straight to check-out! I told the desk clerk about it and he basically told me there was nothing he could do for me because I just informed him now as I was checking out. I told him that I didn't have a reason to look under the bed until now (when I was packing up). He said after he took a look at the room they could compensate me by giving me 10% off my night. I offered to take him straight to the room for a look, and he automatically just gave me the 10% off. I only ended up getting $6 back for having bugs in the room!!! I will NEVER go back to this Days Inn and HIGHLY recommed that travelers find a better place to stay!

Room Tip: My room had bugs...STAY AWAY!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank K T
NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

My husband was here for 3 weeks for work, the water pressure was horrible, the temperature would vary from steaming hot to ice cold while in the shower. The television didn't work properly, only received 5 channels on the television.
One week they put the hold on the credit card instead of 7 days they did it for 7 weeks, thank goodness for online banking or I would have had a 2500 hold on my checking account for a week causing major overdrafts. All I received was oh sorry for the mistake.
My husband got laid off from his job and had been there for 3 weeks but for the extra two days the manager charged him the daily rate instead of the weekly rate, wouldn't give him a break for good patronage.
He said he would never go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2011

even though this was a last minute choice, the hotel was very neat and clean and didnt even stink or have a funny smell. we enjoyed our stay

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Monticello, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

People were nice, but the room service was bad. Asked them to change sheets but lady gave us a attitude and they never got changed just made the bed with old sheets on. There was security cameras all over and felt like we were being watched. Pool was not clean couldn't see the bottom. The mattress has brown stains all over them. The bathroom smelled like mold. I left and went to the Quality Inn much better!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
daysinnnewcumberland, General Manager at Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thanks for your comments about your stay! we would like to talk to you about your experience at our property. Please call me at 717-774-4156 so we can review.

Thanks!

Quality Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Harrisburg West
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West/Mechanicsburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#2 of 13 in New Cumberland

Been to Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South? Share your experiences!