“Great Prime Rib”

Coakley's Restaurant & Pub
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Americana and Irish Cuisine in a casual dining atmosphere or a pub environment. Wide variety menu with daily chef's specials and regular nightly offerings. Great night life/bar atmosphere, with our main bar, game room and J. Thomas O'malley, Tobacconist, smoking and cigar bar. Outdoor seating in the summer
“Great Prime Rib”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you like Prime Rib you have to try this restaurant. We were there for a party with my God daughter and this Irish dancing troup came in and danced for us. It was a great experience.

Visited March 2013

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Coakley's is overpriced and the food is pretty poor. It's typical bar food with zero flavor and originality. I even tried the special of Crab Capellini thinking it could be good but it was overcooked pasta with very little sauce, a small portion of crab and vegetables. Definitely not worth $18.

Visited May 2013
Tim H, Owner at Coakley's Restaurant & Pub, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for your review. This response is probably overdue, but I wanted to make sure the problems you pointed out were permanently addressed. We have a new chef, Jeff Utzman, who comes to us with years of executive chef experience and knowledge. In the short time he has been here, he has created four new menus, countless new dishes and brought consistency to the kitchen. I would like to invite you to come back and try us again so you can see the changes.
Harrisburg pa
“What has happened?”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We used to come here all the time, (It Was on My List~~~ of Top 5 Places to Go!!) then we were here on Sunday...maybe, it was because it was a Sunday or the Roads outside...which, are quite disgusting. But, I don't get it...we had Lousy Service!! No one was there, But, Us! The bartender, who waited on us, was ???? I do not know what? I guess, she couldn't be bothered...one guy server, had a table on the other side, then, they left, (when they were done!). Another couple came in later & They Had to Ask for a Menu!!! Ordering finger foods, plus Wings, I had to ask for Napkins...which, is Very unusual for this place...they are usually on Top of Everything! Will Not Be Back!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't get this area:: they want a tip...for what...I gave her 20%, because I felt sorry, Sad as it is...I tip 20% everywhere!, because the Service was Great! But, in the Harrisburg area, I tip for Pitty!!! of Ignorance!!!!!!!!! We have traveled "All over the World" & yet, this area, does not get it!!!!

Visited April 2013
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
“Definite improvement”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stopped by for a late lunch on the 16th and was pleasantly surprised. The burger I ordered was awesome. Vast improvement. We also visited in January and had the steak and lobster special, really good....and Tim talked me into dessert which was really good...........kudos on your improvements.

• Visited April 2013
“Perfect family gathering”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went here for Easter dinner with the family. Service was excellent, food was excellent, large portion sizes. My daughter got the surf and turf, it came with 2 full size lobster tails and steak, didn't know how they could of made any money off of such a large portion size but was very pleased with the overall experience.

• Visited March 2013