“Good Burgers if you eat them there. Too LOUD of a crowd... overworked bartender”

The Runway Bar & Grill
Description: The Runway Bar and Grill is an Restaurant/Bar featuring a full service bar on two levels as well as a full service kitchen open daily from 11am to 10 pm. The restaurant has undergone a complete remodel and is under new management.
Reviewed September 11, 2017

This was a local watering hole called Pierre's and was renamed and renovated. The atmosphere is just short of hilarious and sorrowful. The owner apparently tries to be a restaurant for too many segments. There were locals tossing down shots, families that appeared to come down from the motel strips at the two nearby exits and then some people hanging out by the back deck appeared to live with in walking distance. The bartender has either too much work or not enough customers. It looks like the chef is also the dishwasher cause he came over to me to ask how was my burger, he was dressed not nice. I have spent many years working in restaurants, washing dishes, bussing tables, and all other positions except chef, so usually the chef tosses on a clean apron and hat if she/he is visiting the diner in the dining room. Na, not here. The burger and fries came out alright. I would eat here again now that I know it is not a bad place, only one with an owner pushing the staff into an under-supplied situation.

Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Four of us visited the Runway for a taco Tuesday lunch.
We arrived and had to yell several times to find anyone to tell us where to sit. It took five minutes for a waitress that finally come from the kitchen area.

The offered a special of three fish tacos for $6.95 or you could order single tacos for $1.25 each. Tacos could be soft shell or hard shell. The beef single tacos did look good.

I got the fish tacos and the Mahi was deep fried and then diced. They were okay. It I prefer the fish not breaded and deep fried. They did give salsa and bang bang sauce that was tasty.

I don't know how the restaurant is for dinner but for lunch, I can't give it more than a three.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

Absolutely the worst service I have ever encountered and the place wasn't even packed. After 30 minutes, I had to ask for my order to be taken, then waited almost an hour for an order of chicken fingers & salad (to go). I had to ask where my order was and they found it sitting behind the bar, but not as a takeout order. I asked for fresh food to take home and waited almost another hour. I know the new owners are trying hard, but this place is so poorly managed. We watched 2 other couples get up and leave. Very dysfunctional. They also ruined a local favorite of all you can eat crab legs by limiting the hours and time that it is served - No longer worth going, but found other places that offer them, so I guess I should thank them.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

The place has been recently updated and looks great inside. Nice large bar inside and another one upstairs. Great changes and more appealing. Can't wait to try the food soon!

Reviewed February 4, 2017

We have been to The Runway several times now. It's the best place I've been to in a while that has everything we are looking for on a night out.... Good food (we had really good wings on Thursday), friendly staff and excellent service, and talented entertainment (Dave on acoustics). I would recommend The Runway Bar & Grill to anyone looking for a place to eat and a fun night out! KUDOS to The Runway!!