“Best Crab Cakes Ever”

The Runway Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Runway Bar and Grill is an Restaurant/Bar featuring a full service bar on two levels as well as a full service kitchen open daily from 11am to 10 pm. The restaurant has undergone a complete remodel and is under new management.
New Kingstown, Pennsylvania
“Best Crab Cakes Ever”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place has it all, awesome food, friendly staff, great atmosphere. And when I say awesome food, I mean the best you will find anywhere around this area!!

• Visited May 2014

Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful surprise”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Today was our first time there:

The fried oysters were terrific -FRESH, pan fried and plump with the liquor captured inside. The ahi tuna was nicely done and the sauce was applied with a restrained hand. The filet mignon was done exactly as requested.

The salads were crisp with dressing served on the side. The chocolate cake was rich, without being gooey -a perfect foil for black coffee. The red velvet cake was a little dry.

The waitress was friendly, helpful and amply present, without being intrusive. We also appreciated that the music was kept at a low volume so that it was truly background in a quiet setting.

I don't know why we hadn't heard of this place before but we'll certainly go back soon. It's not cheap, but is an excellent value for the quality and quantity.

The only criticisms I would have are that the spinach under the ahi had not been stemmed nor wilted and minor issues of presentation that don't measure up to the rest of the meal: Individually wrapped butter pats, sour cream in a paper tube, foil capped creamers. On the other hand, our desserts had written on the plates in chocolate syrup, "Enjoy" and "Thank you".

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank jsilliker
Harrisburg, PA
“Not very good - steak & chicken parm”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Definitely a place for seafood as the whole place smelled like it. No big deal. Décor is old. Still wanted to try. Server recommended steaks since we didn't eat seafood. The Delmonico was very thin and filled with grissel and basically tasteless - ugh. The chicken parm had a brownish sauce and tasted nothing like Italian sauce and the chicken was gummy with soggy breading. Our server was nice however. Just being honest on my review, im sure others in the place who were raving about the seafood were happy.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TeamPA
Camp Hill
“Has been better”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I have eaten at Fireside a number of times. The food is ok but not special. A week ago I had a crab cake and it was terrible. The owner is friendly. The staff is effecient. But I wonder how much the people in the kitchen really care about their food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Courthouse067
“I love the food here...”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a great place to have a sit down dinner with your family or a romantic dinner for two. I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal here since we discovered this place last summer. The food is consistantly good. The seared tuna is my favorite but I also love the broiled scallops which come in the meal for less than $20.00. The all you can eat crab legs are my fiances favorite and my mom in law loves the clam appetizer. They have steaks and specials each night. The desserts are homemade and delicious. I would highly reccomend you have dinner here.

• Visited June 2013