“Be prepared to wait...and wait...”
Review of Cafe Bella Rose - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Bella Rose
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 7, 2012

My bf & I went to Bella Rose 3-times in the course of 4-months. We had coupons so we were eager to try the place because my bf lived right across the street.
The first time was on a Friday. It was busy, but we were seated. And then we waited. Not a speck of food hit our table. Our server never once looked in our direction after taking our orders. Finally 50-minutes later we begged the waitress to give us something. Anything. She came back 10-min. later with 2-not so great breadsticks and seemed kind of annoyed that we were bothering her. Then we waited another 20-minutes and then we left.
The 2nd time it took 30-minutes before our appetizers came out and another 40-minutes after that before our meals arrived. The food isn't bad. I had a swiss cheezy kind of pasta dish and he had the fettucini alfredo. Not the best, but not the worst.
The 3rd time we got our salads within 10-minutes of being seated, but it was still an hour later before we got our entrees. I asked for the veal and shrimp dish, but without the shrimp since I don't eat seafood. For $18 I ended up with a total of 2-tiny veal medallions and some pasta. I'm sure each of those would be topped with shrimp normally, but since I didn't want shrimp, you'd think they'd toss in an extra veal at least to make up for it. Very disappointing.
That's it. We're done with Cafe Bella Rose. We generously gave them 3-chances and they struck out. It's a shame. I really wanted to like the place.

1  Thank clarebear05
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This was my second time at Cafe Bella Rose. It is tucked away on the second floor on Bridge Street in New Cumberland next to the movie theater. On both occasions my food was outstanding, the portions were generous and hot. We went both times during the week so we avoided a crowd. I had chicken parm with bow tie pasta and comes with salad. We were able to bring our own wine which is a preference when we can. It is small and a nice atmosphere.

321 Bridge Street New Cumberland, PA 17070
[--]

Enjoy your meal. I will be back to eat there again in the near future.