“Nice enough for a night” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Harrisburg

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Motel 6 Harrisburg
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Washington, D.C.
“Nice enough for a night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

While in no way "splendid", this Motel 6 is certainly good enough to spend the night for folks visiting nearby Hershey Park (which turned out to be about as much fun as a day at the DMV when the air conditioning breaks down) or who are just looking for a cheap place to crash for the night on the I-76 Pennsylvania Turnpike near Harrisburg. As of this writing, it's the cheapest Motel 6 in the area. So, while it is a little run down, threadbare and even a bit grimy at the edges, our room was clean enough, free of any "live entertainment", and that little outdoor pool open til 10 PM is a real treat for restless roadweary kids. If you're staying here, you should definitely chow down at John's Diner just up the street. It's a superb place to grab a bite on the road. The best deals are probably either the hot roast beef or hot turkey sandwiches, both under $10. Both serve you up a hearty portion of actual real meat--not that formed pressed syntho-coldcuts stuff often found elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Appleton, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

Actually stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, most on our trip. I like what another reviewer said, you get what you pay for. This is a very inexpensive hotel and it is very basic. The beds and carpet are old, but decent. It had a fridge and a microwave. It was perfect for us as we were out all day and just slept there.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Packerfancheesehead
Calistoga, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

I am usually not a picky person at all as I only stay at hotel rooms to crash for a few hours, so as long as the hotel room is clean and things are well kept, i am satisfied...this hotel room how ever has got to be the tinest room I have ever been to before. The room was pretty simple and for some reason kinda depressed me. Over all yes, it seemed clean, and there was no issues, so once again, you pay for what you get.
P.S. We didnt find any bed bugs and didnt have any issues the one night we spent there.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank POLLITOS2010
morganville NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Small but very clean room; less than 35 dollars and 3 for wifi.
Manager made sure I got wifi working. Nice modernized shower and working elevator. As I was traveling with just a dog would have accepted about anything. very close to I-83 yet set back against woods with lots of grass for dog walking.

• Stayed May 2011
Hyndman, Pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

These 2 Mike at the front desk, and this one house keeper, were so rude to my family, we were gone all day and called to have our room cleaned befor we got back at 7PM. When we got back our room was not finished. We went to the front desk to speake to Mike. He came back to our room with the girl who supposed to have cleaned the room she lied to us and to hnim an d he defended her lieing about she had cleaned the room when you could see she had not sweept the floor, or picked up the towels in behind the bathroom door. the beds were not made. Yet Mike the front desk person on charge said that was all she had to do. When we told them we wanted the room finished he told us NO, she did clean it. So we checked out a nd went to the Hershey Lodge, stayed there. We promised we would never stay at the motel 6 again after that treatment. I contacted the manager there, I think her name is Karen or Carol, she was very sorry and wanted me to give the motel a nother chance, because she didn't want to loss us as guests for motel 6. So we gave her a 2nd chance while we were in Harrisburg in April, we had a great time on our business trip. When we got back to the motel our room was nicely cleaned, and ready with the extra towels we had requested. When it came time to check out, we were asked how everything was at check in and it was great. I told Karen things around here seem to run better with that front desk man Mike not in charge. Also that big mouth lying housekeeper gone made a huge difference. We just stayed there again this week, wonderful service, Karen seems to keep everyone in the right mood and right direction in performing their job properly. We even decided to book some rooms for a graduation party for our daughters graduation June 18, 2011. Just to let you know if it were not for Karen asking to give the motel a 2nd chance we would never have came back to that property again.
I wanted to let you know what I attest, that Karen is the wheel that keeps that motel6 spinning. I have seen her work with others while I have waited in the office, she never lets a person leave without makimg sure they were happy about their stay. And if there was a problem she has went out of her way to try to fix whatever the problem was, so they don't leave unhappy about their stay. I just felt lead to share this story with her coorp. headquarters. Everyone like to sends complaints so I though I would let you know what an assett I think Karen is for your Motel 6 business.

Room Tip: Ask For Karen, Not Mike hes just a nasty rude man
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cindysue1
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

I spent 5 nights here. I was worried because of all the mixed reviews. I did a thorough 15 minute bedbug inspection in the dark with a flashlight before I did anything. There was absolutely no signs of bedbugs. The place was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It was nice that it had a mini fridge with freezer and a microwave so I didn't have to eat out every day. My complaints were that there were cigarette burns in the comforters and I couldn't get a comfortable temperature in the shower- it was either too hot or too cold. The shower was very small/tight as well, but all in all, it's a good value.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank stellarxpurr
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

This motel is plain and simple with no bells or whistles and the room rate shows. Their rates here are lower than any other Motel 6 I've ever stayed at. Every room always seems to have fresh paint and are very nice and clean. The maintenance staff is exceptional. They are always improving the property and are very polite.The front desk is very fast at checking you in and are courteous. They do have a pool. This location is ideal for anyone driving north and south in the Eastern region of the US. They are conveniently right off interstate 83. They also have an elevator to service all 3 floors.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business