“An Intimate May Wedding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Cumberland
Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was the first site we visited for a wedding venue and we were hooked! The property is breathtaking! Mike & Nancy McKinney have created a spectacular, yet warm and welcoming environment conveniently located in Central PA. Nancy, who is so industrious and knowledgeable, assisted me every step of the way, recommending wonderful artisans for our food, flowers, & cake. In less than three months, we were ready. (During that time, Mike installed a new roof on the barn -- by himself!) We could not wait to share our special evening with friends & relatives. My theme was to keep it simple (yet fabulous) and we succeeded! Nancy's calm demeanor & willingness to assist was invaluable to me. She goes above and beyond. Our guests had a wonderful evening! We stayed overnight in the beautiful carriage house with out-of-town family and friends. Again, rave reviews! The next morning Nancy prepared an amazing breakfast for ten of us in the main house with fresh eggs from their own hens. Our experience at Pleasant View Farm Bed & Breakfast Inn was magical! I'm thinking about...hmmm...maybe a tea party next?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PleasantViewFarmBB, Owner at Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Toni, The pleasure was ours. Thank you for your kind words. Your wedding here was elegant and so lovely! I count you as a new friend.
Nancy

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast was strongly recommended to my husband and I by our family doctor. The Doctor was very enthusiastic and could not keep himself from giving us all the wonderful details. We had never been to a Bed and Breakfast before so we thought we would try it out in celebration of my husband's birthday and Valetine's Day. We stayed for one night in the Gettysburg Room from 02/09/13 - 02/10/13. The inn was not far from our home but you felt like you were in a whole other world when you got there. Everything about the place was absolutely beautiful. Our room had everything we needed including movies, popcorn and a couple of sodas and water. We especially enjoyed the jacuzzi tub, fireplace and the soft cozy robes. Right outside our room were the horse stables and it was so nice to look out in the morning to see the horses grazing. In the evening we decided to go into the main house to play pool. Nancy and her daughters greeted us as we walked in. As we were playing pool and enjoying the massage chair, Nancy brought us a beer and glass of wine which were delicious while contemporary music played. When we were getting ready to go back to our room, we stopped and had a nice conversation with Nancy and her adopted daughters from China about the Chinese New Year. We were also offered some beautiful cupcakes that their Chinese Foreign Exchange student made that day. In addition to talking to the family, we also enjoyed being greeted by their two well behaved dogs. In the morning we enjoyed a Chinese New Year themed breakfast which was not only beautiful but delicious and had wonderful conversation with Nancy, Mike and one of their daughters. It was such a nice time for our first bed and breakfast experience that we already have talked about going back when it's warmer out so we can enjoy the land more. We are also thinking of having our youngest daughter's birthday party there since they hold parties in addition to the Bed and Breakfast. Mike and Nancy are two of the nicest people and will make you feel right at home. My husband and I recommend Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast to anybody looking to get away even if it's just for one night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
PleasantViewFarmBB, Owner at Pleasant View Farm Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your kinds words! It was such a pleasure to meet you two and share the farm with you! We do so hope you will return in the warmer months when the land is transformed to lush green pastures and everything is in bloom!
Thank you for a lovely review!!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had our wedding at Pleasant View and Nancy was INCREDIBLE. She writes a personal note left (with chocolate!) in each room and makes you feel welcome and at home.

CEREMONY:
Weather was gorgeous for our wedding ceremony rehearsal on the dock of their Lake Pleasant (so many photo ops there!) and the morning of our wedding, but by the afternoon it downpoured. Nancy, her husband and many of our friends helped us make a quick decision to move the ceremony into the foyer. It was very intimate and in the end I liked it so much better than on the dock!

RECEPTION:
We decided to have our reception in the newly restored 18th-century barn, and it was positively BEAUTIFUL when we walked in! Nancy redid the floor, hung new lights including twinkle lights, overhead lights, wall sconces and even 2 chandeliers! All we had to do was wind tulle and ribbon around the beams and it was perfect! The heat (August 4th) was a bit much but a few fans helped a lot.

SERVICE and FOOD:
As I said, Nancy is incredible. She checked in with us every step of the way without being intrusive. She even got teary-eyed as I walked down the aisle, though she'd only known me from a couple visits! The house was clean, the animals were friendly (including the kids, haha...), and the food was UNBELIEVABLE. Breakfast is well worth a little extra money! I wish Nancy could make me breakfast every day :) Homefries cooked in bacon grease, homemade cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, blueberry pancakes, bagels, coffee, quiche, the whole nine yards. I've never been stuffed with such goodness!

SUMMARY:
Pleasant View was easily the best choice for our wedding, and Nancy goes above and beyond to make your visit perfect, rain or shine!

Room Tip: They're all great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed in the carriage house rooms with a part of a bridal party. Not only was everything beautiful and comfortable, but the entire experience was excellent! The family were very willing to work with us on last minute changes and the food was wonderful! I'd love to come back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Three of us stayed for 2 nights in two of the Carriage house rooms, while attending a wedding close by. Rooms were large, clean and had every amenity. Mini fridge was stocked with water and soda. there was even popcorn for use in the microwave. Nancy and her family are delightful and fun. The horses, cat (Nails) and dogs were nice to be around. A beautiful property and I highly recommend it. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had the most wonderful week long stay! It is beautiful and peaceful...and as comfortable as being at home. I would stay forever if I could. The food is amazing, the hostess is an absolute delight, and I truly can't find the words to describe just how perfect of an experience it was. The highest recommendation possible...times 10!!!

Room Tip: The Lancaster Room is my favorite, though all are wonderful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I live in New Cumberland, so it wasn't far at all for me to travel, but when I got to the farm I felt like I was hundreds of miles away. I stayed in the carriage house in the Gettysburg room. It was absolutely beautiful and just what I needed to relax and get away from it all. The service wa excellent! I was made to feel like one of the family, and breakfast was to die for! I will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed: March 2012