“Free dirty underwear with every room.”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
“Free dirty underwear with every room.”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The previous guests used underwear was on the floor when I went into the room. There was stuff all over the wall of the shower and the carpet was foul. Every surface had greasy fingerprints on it.The only reason I stayed was because if we drove another foot we would've got in an accident due to fatigue. All of my things stayed in the car as I was terrified of bedbugs. Please if you read this owners clean this place up or close down to ensure the saftey of the public you serve. I've been sick as a dog ever since my stay there. I think I picked up the plauge in your dirty room that probably hasn't been cleaned since 1972

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Jessigrd34

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Pine Island, Minnesota
Reviewed September 24, 2012

TV volume would turn off, place was unkempt, tried to call office and no one answered, bed was not comfortable. The facet broke during our stay. It had a good location for our needs (went to Hershey and Gettysburg). Air conditioning we real loud.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert B
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Do not stay here. The room are very dirty and nasty. Staff was friendly but my stay was not. The phones did not work in the room and my remote didn't work. I had asked for an alarm in the morning which I did not get. Try to stay away I would recommend the Bestwestern or Fairfield in this exit.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jcal234
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed at this motel during my stay in Harrisburg, PA. It's conveniently located on I-83 and a very short drive away from downtown. Very reasonable rates and good clean rooms. Will definitely come back here next time I'm in town!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Roger A
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I have to be in the Harrisburg area for business every month. So I've been looking for a good place to stay overnight. This hotel is conveniently located near Harrisburg. The room was neat and clean. The staff, in particular the Manager, was a very helpful person and had good knowledge of the local area. Will stop-by there the next time I visit Harrisburg.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Neil P
Pittburgh
Reviewed December 31, 2010

Room was inexpensive and I know why. Ice machine broke (there was only one for 3 sub-buildings) - manager, when pushed for customer service, gave me a baglet of ice from within the office - freezer burnt and clumped. Majority of TV channels were like previously described - jumped every 20-30 seconds. Hot coffee in the morning?, what a joke. At 6:45am I squeezed yesterday's cold coffee into my travel mug, grabbed a styro cup for the microwave, and headed back to my room. Continental breakfast?, B.S. - 9 stacked donuts, the kind you get from the Hostess bag at the supermarket, in neat little stacks of plain. cinnamon, and powder. I do not plan to return here. Five other hotels within 100 yds.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank hayhurst6
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My friends and I traveled to Harrisburg / Hershey to visit family and friends, this hotel was very inexpensive and outstanding service. A continental breakfast is offered as well. The staff is well knowledge'd about the area attractions, very courteous. The rooms were impecable and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends