All reviews hour coffee room was clean a great place to stay excellent stay front desk person alarm clock fridge and microwave free breakfast cumberland cereal highway
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We booked three rooms for its low price and the distance to Hershey Park. We only stayed there one night. There was visible dirty hanging from the ceiling. I found someone's old eye contact on the floor in the bathroom. The carpets need replacing in the rooms as well as the hallways. The staff was great and very accommodating. The breakfast was nice as well.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

I checked into the New Cumberland hotel for three nights for a job I had in the area.
I was there for an hour and half when I got a phone call that my spouse was being sent to Johns Hopkins hospital with a diagnoses of Leukemia. Which totally took me by surprise. She had just gone to the doctor for a check up.
The hotel had been paid in full through Expedia. I left the hotel gave the decks my keys and told them leaving for an emergency. Got to Johns Hopkins and found that was Leukemia and going to be 35to 60 days of treatment.
When things calmed down I called Expedia. They were so nice and said the would contact the hotel and see if they could get a least 2 nights back. The hotel manager said due to their policy in relation to my reason for obtaining a refund for the reservation they have denied my request. I think it was around 380 dollars. This is very upsetting that they couldn't return a least 2 nights. I know I will never use this hotel again or recommend them. What a cold no heart manager.
Please stay away from this hotel.
I had several other hotels booked for my business travel and all of them refunded my money

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
4  Thank lsyner
Reviewed March 20, 2017

We normally stay at the next tier of hotels, but my wife wanted to see what the cost savings was for this quick trip. So, I can honestly say this hotel was fine for a nights stay. We had no issues at all. The room was clean, the staff were friendly, and there were no issues with security in the building or the parking lot. The biggest difference I would say between the tiers is the "little" things. The toiletries were serviceable, but barely. The free breakfast had limited choices and looked less fresh. We did not see 24 hour coffee in the lobby. Our biggest complaint would be the mini-fridge which hummed like an alarm clock all night long. Like many things in life, you have to choose if you want to save money or have fewer minor issues.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

The hotel from the outside looked run down and cheap. When you get it to the lobby it was much nicer. When I got to the counter there were no employees onsite so rang the bell and waited for a man claiming to be the manager. I had made the reservation a month in advance through Expedia. The man proceeds to tell me there will be an extra $20 charge for my extra guest which was not mentioned on Expedia. So we decided to not stay there cause for $20 more there were way better hotels close by. So I tell him no thanks and he said OK and walked away never mentioning any charges. After I left the man still charged my account. When I called back he blamed Expedia and told me I would have to call them so now for 3 day Expedia has been trying to contact a manager at the hotel (they have been told each time to call back tomorrow because there is no manager) now I'm fighting to get my money when I didn't stay there. I wasn't not informed I would be charged for leaving. As of right now Expedia is saying they charged me for a no show on the reservation which is untrue as we did show and then was told we need to pay more money. So I never cancelled I just refused to pay more money and they proceeded to take what they wanted. The "manager" was very unprofessional and the more he ignores Expedia for the charges he took just shows how unprofessional this company really is. I would not recommend this to anyone and new staff and management would be greatly helpful in my opinion.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 15, 2016

New Cumberland hotel is a clean and friendly place to stay. I never leave reviews but at the last minute I wanted to take my wife out so I called New Cumberland hotel and the friendly staff gave me a great rate..

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple