“Excellent vacation”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
breinigsville, pa
“Excellent vacation”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We had a great time at this hotel. Kids had fun at pool. Good breakfast. Overall excellent stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank laly102100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed July 27, 2009

THIS HOTEL HAS BED BUGS!!!!! Room #310 and Room #308! After checking in around midnight after a long trip with my sister and her family and 2 young children I was horrified at the overall condition of the hotel and the discovery of bed bugs. I always pull of the comforter and blankets on a hotel bed since I know they don't get laundered each time the sheets are changed. When I was pulling up the corners a bed bug came crawling out at me. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.

So we proceeded to look under the mattress and along the seems on the side and discovered another live bug and crusted, dead bed bugs along the seam by the head of the bed. We also saw gross blood stains all over the bed.

I immediately call the front desk and the night auditor came up. He said "we thought we got rid of them" and didn't seem surprised at all. I told him he was giving us a full refund (we pd $89 a room) on both rooms and we were leaving. We ended up taking the two kids who were already sleeping out at 12:30am and going to another hotel (The Crowne Plaza in the city of Harrisburg and it was perfect!).

I plan on calling the 800 # and making a formal complaint. It is the most disgusting thing I have ever seen and I'm not sure I'll ever get over it. Not only were there bed bugs, the room was dirty and there were stains all over the gross gold comforters. There were holes in the walls where old pictures were and there was hair and dust all over the lamp shades and chairs. I didn't even make it to the bathroom since we left about a half hour after we checked in. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank DancingNancie
camden
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We had the best experience at this hotel. Kids had lots of fun at the pool & breakfast was great. Front desk helped us with directions

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lam0768
wisconsin
Reviewed July 14, 2009

The room has a microwave, a refrigerator and internet connection. Should have paid with cash at this place. I regret using plastic.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank laddu
harrisburgcomfortinn, Manager at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2009
Using Debit card at the time of cheking in and paying cash at the time of check out is no good as Credit card processing company and banks keep hold on the card for 7-14 business days. Any motel/Hotel has no control on this matter. Use credit card or cash. Using Debit card for holding reservation or checking in and changing payment method is not advisable as to remove hold will take 7-14 business days.
Milwaukee
Reviewed March 6, 2009

I booked by phone and talked to one of the many indians that works at this hotel. He didn't seem to have time for me and kept repeating questions. When I arrived, I found that the reservations he booked were completely wrong.
Continental breakfast was never ready when we went to eat. We started eating 2 hours after it was supposed to open.
All the appliances in the room were unplugged when I first arrived. Internet instructions from reception were wrong. My colleages could never connect to the internet from their room.
Heater and refrigerator were incredibly loud. There was a lot of light pollution from the hallway getting into the room.
Beds are rock hard.

There are many other hotels next door to choose from. This one stinks!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 4, 2009

As a frequent business traveler, I almost always choose Comfort Inn because the rates are reasonable and the rooms are usually adequate. This hotel reminded me more of a low class Super 8. For one, access to your room is from the outside. It was a cold night and a strong draft came through the old door. I turned the heater on and it made a constant loud buzzing noise. It was too much to bear so I turned it off and slept with a sweatshirt on. Second, the wireless internet was anything but "high speed." I gave up trying after it took 3 minutes for the yahoo homepage to display. Third, there was body hair all over the bathroom floor and in the bedsheets. It is unacceptable that the cleaning staff did not see it and I find it hard to believe that my room was even cleaned. Finally, the continental breakfast was awful. There was little selection and the apple juice was luke warm and watered down. I have stayed in some bad hotels in the past, but this was one of the worst. Its not what I have come to expect from a Comfort Inn, and I will be sure stay somewhere else when I am back in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business