“My home away from home”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Naperville, Illinois
“My home away from home”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stay 10-15 days a month at the Comfort Inn. Kishor, the owner and his very competent staff are consistently making me really feel at home. Over the last couple of years, they have refreshed the hotel so that it is modern, practical, and clean. The hot breakfast is great.

They consistently go out of their way to make my visits pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Comfort Inn N, Manager at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you for your staying with us and we as a management team are please to hear of how good your stays have been with us. We hope you will continue to stay with us in the future when your business has you coming through our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Elmer, New Jersey
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Though I only stayed there one day, 12 of my family members stayed too and not one of us had an issue. I loved the modern lobby and rooms, the extremely nice staff who were very accommodating, and the hot breakfast was fair. My family also enjoyed the saltwater pool that was very clean and enjoyable. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank alainagriffinable
Comfort Inn N, Director of Sales at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thank you for the kind response and we are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. The saltwater pool style was new this year and most guest have enjoyed the change.

Again thank you and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed July 23, 2014

After comparing a lot of hotels in the area, I found the best deal in this hotel and made a reservation for a weekend. The hotel is near other more expensive, so location was excellent. Service was ok. Good breakfast. Room size was decent. Maybe a more detailed clean is needed at the bathroom. They don’t have a business center or computers available at the lobby, but gladly they will help you to print your boarding passes. The pool was excellent for kids. If you want a 5 star hotel, with new, excellent rooms and 5 stars service, you must pay for an expensive room in another hotel. If you are ok with an average hotel, this is it. Hope they take the steps to improve and make it a Very Good or Excellent hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay on 1st floor, rooms are near the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2014

The lobby was probably updated, does not look like what's on trip advisor website. Outdoor pool is small but clean. Great for the kids to burn some energy. Room was a good size and clean. Staff was great. We visit family living near by at least once a year so I try out a new hotel/motel each time I come to the area. I've been to this Comfort Inn at least once before. I think this was my best stay there, so far.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Chose this Comfort location because it was not a pet friendly hotel. I read the mixed reviews on trip advisor but I should have heeded the negative ones. The hotel lobby was dirty & looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in days. I thought well, maybe the room is okay. Wrong. I supposedly got the last room available which wasn't cheap. It was $159.00/night. I got to the room, dead bugs in the closet & bathroom & bathtub. Mattress pad has blood on it. Floors don't look clean. This is a third floor room & has a jacuzzi which there is no way I would use seeing how dirty everything else is. The sink area is small & is in the room. The potty & tub are in a separate room. They only give you 2 towels & 2 washrags. I don't have a report on breakfast because there is no way I'm eating here in the morning. Another gripe I have is having to walk through the smoke of smoking employees hovering around the door at a smoke free hotel. This is an old, nasty property. Also, wifi didn't work in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip and the staff was outstanding. They made me feel right at home. I also had a situation, I left my cell phone in the room and A staff member (Chris) contacted me by e-mail to inform me. He mailed my phone to my home address immediately. Thank you for being professional.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Comfort Inn N, Director of Sales at New Cumberland Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for the kind words on our staff. We strive for this type of customer satisfaction each and everytime.

Thank you again and we will look forward to you coming back to stay with us again in the future.
Shawnee, Kansas
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were not impressed with this hotel. When we checked in they informed us that the only room that they had left had a broken door (the magnetic keys would not work, so only the staff could let us in), the desk staff was willing to give a slight discount for the inconvenience, but we had to bargain for a lower price. The room itself was alright. It was clean. The hotel had obviously had a renovation, so the carpet was nice, but the paint was already chipped. The worst part about the hotel was that a large rambunctious group of kids was running wild in the hotel without bring watched by their parents. The hotel management never did anything about it. Breakfast itself was fairly good, but the eating space was definitely too small for the crowd. Also they had no staff that was just responsible for keeping the breakfast refilled. We would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family