“Excellent Renovated Property”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed June 15, 2013

One of my friend suggested this hotel. Hotel lobby is still under renovation which was about 80% complete. It looks like lobby will be big. well planned with lots of seating & fireplace. Rooms were nicely done. Excellent breakfast & dinning area was looking great. Floor in the fitness room was nice. Out door patio area by the pool was a good place where I was relaxing & doing my work at the same time. Good value for the money with excellent service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Christine D, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Recent Guest,

Thank you for your most recent review on your stay with us in June, 2013. We have been eagerly working on our appearance so that our guest can stay in "COMFORT" and we know that all guests have a "CHOICE" in where they stay. We look forward to you staying with us again when you are in the New Cumberland, PA area.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Recently stayed overnight here several times and found the rooms to be newly renovated with refrigerators and microwaves; clean and nicely decorated for a reasonable price. Friendly staff and quick breakfast bar in the morning. Would recommend and plan to stay again soon,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your most recent stay with us. It is not all too often that we hear the positive things that guest have to say about their stay. Thank you for acknowledgement of our breakfast buffet, we offer Eggs, Sausage, Yogurt, Danish, Muffins, Bagels, Toast, Cereal , and make your own Waffles. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction with every stay. We hope to see you again soon, in New Cumberland, PA.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2013

First of all, this hotel is undergoing renovation. The lobby was ripped apart during our stay, but our room had been recently remodeled. The mattress was new, clean and VERY firm. Newer flat screen tv, furniture, carpet and wall coverings in the room. Hallways smelled of smoke, but not in our non-smoking room. Nice continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, cereal, and pastries. We didn't test out the outdoor pool (60F outside!), but it looked clean and clear. This hotel is right off the interstate, but we couldn't hear any road noise from inside our room. We would stay here again if passing thru the area.

Room Tip: The lobby is in the middle of the hotel and is the ONLY entrance - no entrances at stairwells at the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and it seems in your case we were able to do so. Thank you for writing your kind words on your most recent stay. I'm glad that you had a pleasurable experience during our construction. We look forward to seeing you again when you return to the New Cumberland, PA area.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 21, 2013

WOW!! What a great place! After a week long Motorcycle trip I was beat. We had been staying at a lot of hotels, so when we saw this place we stopped. They were doing work to it so I wasn't to shore about staying. When I went in (8:000pm) I was greeted guy the nicest man at the desk. He gave me a room for a great price. We got room 317. It over looked our bike (If you ride you know that's a big deal). The shower was so hot it just felt like heaven. And the bed OH MY GOD I have to tell you if I could have got it on the bike I would have taken it home. They put little flowers in the room that are such a nice touch. The next day the same man greeted us. He asked how our stay was and I told him great. But I didn't like the coffee much, so he went and made me a new one. (I love my coffee) How nice is that! We had our coffee by the pool. It was heaven. Even with all the work being done this place puts the guests first. Can't wait to see it done. We will be back in September. So if you want a great place to stay stop in. This place is a must and its easy to get to!

Room Tip: Room 317 was very nice!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay. It is not too often that we hear the kind words of travelers! I'm glad that you have a great experience and our friendly staff was able to accommodate your needs. With the renovations we are seeking to aim and please YOU, our valued guest. We look forward to you stopping in again on your next travels through New Cumberland, Pa

Kind regards,
Christine Dunn

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed in this hotel, both times were for one night. The rooms had just been renovated, so everything was fresh. The bathroom was very clean. The room was a little dusty, probably due to construction on the other end of the floor, but otherwise clean. Front desk staff both in the evening when we checked in and the next morning were very friendly. I appreciated the availability of coffee in the evening. We didn't eat breakfast there, since we didn't get up early. For the money, this hotel is a great value and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
harrisburgcomfortinn, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Comfort Inn New Cumberland. I do not like to use the construction as an excuse for your room being dusty, but I do thank you for understanding that we are doing our best to make due during our renovations.

It gives me great pride to hear that the front desk staff was friendly throughout your entire visit. We do our best to provide excellent customer care, and we look forward to have you stay with us in the future again.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The price was low, so were my expectations. The remodeling is 3rd rate. The overall condition of the hotel is fair. the coffee is instant (ugh). The breakfast is OK. The shower is great. The people are very friendly and helpful. I probably will not go back but then again I'm a little picky.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Travel6928
harrisburgcomfortinn, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you very for taking the time to write a review about our property. With construction taking place at our hotel, we are doing our best to make each personal experience a good one. We hope we can get the chance to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here while my daughter attended an overnight visit to Messiah College. This hotel was under construction, but the king room was beautiful and clean and newly renovated. There was a standard buffet breakfast that was more than adequate. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Debi H
harrisburgcomfortinn, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. We pride ourselves in creating a friendly atmosphere, even with our current renovation status. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Clarion Inn & Suites
#32 of 51 in Harrisburg
Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisbu...
#10 of 14 in New Cumberland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg? Share your experiences!