All reviewshour coffeeroom was cleana great place to stayexcellent stayfront desk personalarm clockfridge and microwavefree breakfastcumberlandcerealhighway
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel looks NOTHING like the photo gallery! It is dirty. It is worn and looks like it is under construction. The lobby is filthy, with stained chairs, and broken counters. There are old and worn food bins. The rooms are stark, dark and dirty. The furniture is worn, the mattresses are too. The rooms smell, and they are dirty. The halls look like a house of ill repute, painted in red and black. And the desk person was rude, and insulting!!! We did not stay. And we got a cheaper, cleaner, well cared for hotel room across the street at the Holiday Inn. The management should be ashamed!!!

Room Tip: Go across the street to the Holiday Inn. Nice staff, clean rooms, cheaper.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Candy54321
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was disappointed by several factors the main thing was the exposed electrical wiring in our room considering I was traveling with children...literally loose wires hanging out of the wall?...I'm certain this is building code violation. The hot breakfast consisted of two types of cereal, sausage, circle fast food type eggs, and waffles that u make yourself, yogurt, and warm juices. It was not as good as some other hotels I've been to and was a disappointment really. The elevator and floors seemed to be consistently dirty. I had to switch rooms three times. The first room the fridge was broke, the second room the door was broke...the third room was the "The charm"....the room was freshly painted and fairly clean. There was adequate fresh washed new towels...fluffy nice. The shower was hot & has a nice massage feature. It was an overall blah experience. The most positive thing was that the staff was very friendly. I was hoping a suite would at least have a love seat or something more than an extra chair. I can't recommend this place...it wasn't a total nightmare but it was not a positive experience at all.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Hopep1974
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Stayed here last second when we just couldnt make it all the way to Baltimore in one night. Hotel is undergoing renovations but what is complete is very nice. Room was clean, comfortable and nicely upgraded. Hotel staff was very friendly. Great stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kelly R
Prevostpilot30, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments about our property and staff. Were going the extrea mile to make sure your stay is the very best druing our renovations and were glad you enjoyed your stay. Please vist us again soon.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Real nicely renovated-decorated rooms. Building looks very good from outside. Can't use the pool as it was out door pool & winter time they close. Breakfast was very good with wide choice. They also had flat screen TV & smart phone charger with alarm clock. I think this is a great.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jose R
Prevostpilot30, Front Office Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites New Cumberland - Harrisburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your review, We are working hard to update our look and hope that we met your needs. Please come back again.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

Visited here in August manager still never sent a letter requested another. Wrote CEO of Choice Hotels I was contacted and I was asked if I wanted $120 back, said, "No." Then I was offered $192 I took it because I was tried of the hassle for 3 months making phone calls getting myself upset. Most of the money was refunded The biggest disappointment is that someone wrote a review recently and they had the same room as my family stayed in with the hole in the floor so Choice Hotels does not care about someone getting hurt.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family