Upon arrival I was disappointed. My room was dated, there was gum on the carpet in the lobby, the ceilings were moldy, there were chicken bones in the elevator, cigarette burns on both sides of the lamp shades (they could go to TJ Maxx to replace those) the room phone was sticky (eeeew) just to name a few. The hotel is poorly designed with ridiculously long hallways that remind you of the hotel in "The Shining." Who wants to walk for ten minutes when you've just finished traveling?! The heated pool was in an area that was freezing. The service was horrible. I called down to ask for a blanket and was told they only had sheets. I asked for five to keep me warm and was told they only had two and I'd have to come down to get them myself??? The staff was not knowledgeable in the area attractions, rental agencies etc... The breakfast provided for my group was horrible. I paid for food rather than accept the free food offered to us in our package because it was that bad. I hated it and would never have stayed there if I wasn't part of a pre-paid travel group. Don't waste your money. There's a much nicer and newer Holiday Inn Harrisburg that I stumbled upon accidentally. If you look at the other reviews I've written you'll see they're complete opposite. I don't get my jollies writing bad reviews like some folks, this place is REALLY awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 minutes south of Harrisburg in a suburb of New Cumberland. Has easy access off of 2 major highways, Interstate 83 and Interstate 76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike. Attractions that are a short drive away from the hotel include Hershey Park, Pennsylvania State Capitol, Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex, the Amish (Lancaster County), Harley Davidson Plant, and historical Gettysburg. Enjoy local sports with the following clubs: Harrisburg Senators, AAA baseball, and Hershey Bears minor league ice hockey team for the Colorado Avalanche. Indoor heated pool nestled in a tropical courtyard are just 2 of the amenities that are offered. Guests of the Harrisburg Clarion Hotel & Conference Center can enjoy fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and from-scratch cuisine at the hotel’s on-site restaurant and bar, The Garlic Poet. You will find over 21,000 square feet of flexible conference and catering facilities which provide the ideal setting for many special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Clarion Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Harrisburg Hotel New Cumberland
- Holiday Inn New Cumberland
- New Cumberland Holiday Inn