“See for yourself. I have no complains.”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed September 19, 2009

We enjoyed our stay here even though we did not get to use the amenities. I LOVE THE NEW BED, BED SHEET & BED COVER. No Bed Bug. There are so comfortable. This is the main thing I like about this hotel. Carpet looks clean. The room is roomy enough. I'm very glad I picked this place among the other hotels across the streets. This hotel is big. Don't get lost - look at the layout. But if you are Me, I know my way. Holiday Inn is the way to go for lodging, because this one made my holiday happy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 18, 2009

I made reservations well in advance, and reserved a king size bed, non-smoking room. I was given a room with two double beds, non-smoking. Ok, not the biggest problem. Next - a few colleagues of mine and myself requested to be put in the same area, with rooms next to one another, for several reasons. This seemed to be a huge problem for the desk clerks, and it seemed we were "annoying" her. We had asked prior to even arriving to be put together, yet our rooms were far from one another. We had to have them changed when one of my colleagues rooms had a urine smell and stain on the rug. Another colleague's room had food and chicken particles and bones on the floor. This hotel leaves alot to be desired and we would never stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We brought the family to Hershey Park. We stay in hotels about 10-15 days a year and never experienced anything like the filth that we encountered at the holiday inn. Absolutely disgusted with the hotel. The chair had huge stains and chunks of food (I hope it was only food), the white bed comforter had a large brown stain that was fresh and clearly was not washed, the tub was filthy, the toilet had fecal matter on the handle and one of the seat hinges was broken, the screws on door security lock were stripped and very loose. The staff was nice and did remove the chair from our room. However, they took the only swapped the chair with the room next to ours. I have taken photos and plan on contacting the corporate office.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed for three nights to take in Hershey Park and were delighted with our stay. We had reservations for another hotel (Rodeway Inn) and ended up refusing the room and driving across the road to the Holiday Inn at the last moment to ask for a room. We had two small dogs and were thrilled to find out that we could keep them with us and were given a very resonable rate of $89 per night. The beds were so comfy and our room overlooked the pool with a nice balcony. Room was very nicely decorated with a desk as well as a small table and chairs. We had plenty of room and everything was very clean. Bathroom was a little small but clean and had nice towels. Kids loved the pool and lobby was comfortable place to relax and read paper. The front desk and maintenance staff were very friendly and helpful and we would love to stay here again. Well worth the price and close to Hershey Park. Bob Evans is walking distance and a good way to start to day before heading to the park. Hotel did not charge us anything additional for having a pet, and promptly refunded the small pet deposit at check out after looking over room and finding no damage. Highly reccomend especially if you are traveling with pets.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We held our Board meeting here. We found that the staff was pleasant and helpful. The food was great! This hotel met all of ours needs. We are returning for future meetings.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I was very concerned with this hotel after reading some of the reviews, so I asked to see a room before we checked in, and was pleasantly suprised. The front desk clerk and manager were very polite and helpful. I travel extensively with and without my family of four. I prefer a large one or two bedroom suite when possible, but this hotel is at least on par with any other Holiday Inn I have stayed at. My girls really enjoyed the novelty of having a room that faced the indoor pool. The negative reviews seem questionable and out of character with what we saw. The room, though small, was clean and updated. I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank djtroutman
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My husband and I visited several venues to locate the perfect spot for our wedding reception. From day one, our wedding Coordinator Vanessa Straub was upbeat, fun to work with, and extremely professional. The hotel offered a lovely evening in which we were able to try out the foods that were offered to ensure that what we chose for our special day was exactly to our taste. When the wedding day finally came, I have to say that our experience with the Harrisburg Holiday Inn & Conference Center in New Cumberland, PA far exceeded even our best expectations. The venue was decorated in a lovely manner, staff were pleasant and always on hand to assist, and the guests commented that it was the "nicest wedding they'd ever attended" and that it "seeemed like everything was planned in consideration of the guests". I felt like a princess from the minute we arrived and my husband and I danced our first dance as husband and wife. The food was excellent and our guests made frequent mention of how delicious it was. Despite warm temperatures that day, Ms. Straub interceded whenever any quick thinking was needed to assist our guests and my Mother ( who is not easily impressed) commented to me later in the day how much Ms. Straub impressed even her. Many of our guests were able to book rooms in a block at very reasonable prices and the family enjoyed a lovely breakfast the next morning in the Elephant and Castle Pub. One special touch that really warmed my Mom's heart was when she saw that the flowers we had paid quite a bit of money for but were unable to take with us that she had indicated to staff could be taken home or used in whatever manner they saw fit, coud be seen placed throughout the hotel the next morning. She said they still looked beautiful and she was so happy that they had not gone to waste. When the day finally ended for my husband and I all I could think was that I wished I had the ability to throw a party like that for family and friends more frequently because of how special the hotel staff had made us feel and how much we truly enjoyed our wedding reception at the hotel. Thank you to everyone that worked so hard! My husband Ed and I will never forget that day! Nancy B

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#3 of 14 in New Cumberland
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisburg West, PA
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
Candlewood Suites Harrisburg
#18 of 51 in Harrisburg
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 8 in Grantville

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!