“One Word, 'fleas'”

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in New Cumberland
Dallas, Pennsylvania
“One Word, 'fleas'”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2004

This hotel doesn't look bad from the lobby or the outside, but the hotel rooms are very run down and dirty. This was the second time that I stayed at the hotel and was shocked to find fleas in my bed. I found at least 20 fleas in my bed. It was absolutely disgusting and horrifying. And when I made the hotel staff aware, they didn't even seem to care or apologize. They did move me to another room with no lights in the bathroom. I then had to complain again. They then came and fixed the lights. However, this all happened between midnight and 1am when I had an important meeting the next day. I found this hotel completely unacceptable and will never stay there again. I just hope that I didn't bring any fleas home.

4 Thank Liz_D_Pennsylvania

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2004

Visitors should be aware that on Columbus Day weekend all hotels in the area are flooded with soccer teams participating in a local tournament.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cambridgeshire, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2004

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times and, in my experience it is very tired, dirty, noisy and the staff inefficient. I found clothes and a used condom under the bed and a battery charger was stolen from the room. There are much better hotels in the area.

4 Thank Quins
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2004

We needed a one night stopover on our way home from Niagara Falls to Raleigh, North Carolina. We wanted something close to Hershey so we could do a quick side tour of Chocolate World. I waited too long to book our room and many of the other area hotels were already full, but this Holdiay Inn was our best compromise of price and location. Our room was clean, very spacious, and nicely furnished. Pizza Hut delivered right to our hotel room, which was great after a long day on the road. We wanted to hit the pool just to relax for the evening, but it was closing at 9:30, and there were no towels when we got there and no pool attendants-- I had to traipse out to the front lobby in my bathing suit, past several convention groups meeting, to request more towels. I asked a staff member along the way for help, but she just told me I had to go to the front lobby myself, which was a little annoying and inconvenient. Breakfast was included in our price, and was served buffet style in the very nice English Pub, although our "service" there consisted of a staff member showing us to a seat and telling us to help ourselves-- no coffee was offered or water, etc. In general, this was a perfectly acceptable place to stay for a night in passing through. Our room was quiet and the beds were comfortable, and the location was very convenient. The hotel could easily get a better rating from us if the staff were a little more accomodating.

2 Thank mrsdbrown1
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2003

on two seperate occasions I booked a suite--only are 4- I recieved a confermation no. and upon arriving did not recieve a suite and had to settle for what was available.The hotel cleaning staff were on one occasion cursing each other in front of guestsOn both occasions there were loud guests in the halls and at the pool. In fact the room across from me had 9 or 10 children unsupervised while their parents in other parts of the hotel.I have never written a review before but I feel it is necessary to warn guests. The entire staff- management needs to be changed.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member