All reviews atrium area huge success bed was comfortable sausage the breakfast area deb harrisburg
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wondered about staying at this hotel because of the large number of negative comments. The price was reasonable-my rating of very good was based on the price. I did not run into problems similar to those in other reviews. If a visitor has accessability problems, he or she should check elsewhere. I asked about an accessable room and was met with silence on the phone. The floors in the lobby area are very slick. Also the bathroom floor was very slick. It was not easy to get from the handicapped spaces into the hotel-several steps up and down.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you so much for giving us a try. We are so glad you are pleased. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the floors. I will pass along your review to housekeeping for them to see what can be done to alleviate any problems.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We needed a quiet get away for the weekend, and this was the perfect place to be. We wanted a room that was in a quieter location, and the friendly staff were very accommodating to our needs. I would stay here again just for the pleasant manner in which we were treated. The location was ideal as it offered multiple choices for dining, and the hotel itself offered a very nice breakfast. Having the breakfast served in the atrium area was an added selling point for me as so many offer a less than fair breakfast in a dirty or confined space, but this location was open and relaxing and the assortment offered was unexpected. We were very pleased. The pool area was nice even though we didn't use it during our stay this time, but we look forward to using it during our next stay. The room itself had a Keurig coffee maker which we loved, and the room was clean and comfortable. We look forward to staying here again in the future!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tammy G

Thank you so much for awarding us a 5 here on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoy all that the hotel has to offer. We hope we have earned your trust to become your preferred lodging choice when in the New Cumberland area.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were attending a show at Hershey Park and the close hotels were very expensive. We got a great AAA rate on a Sunday night at this property for $62. This is about a 20 minute drive to Hershey Park.

The highlight was the breakfast. It includes the usual items of cereal, toast, pastry, coffee, tea, juice but also includes hot items of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and French toast.

This property has a large indoor pool. The water was too cold for me so I suspect it is not heated very much. Kids seemed to like it.

We had a 1 Queen bed room. It included a couch and coffee table area, tv and a Keurig coffee maker. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean but needs updating.

At this same highway stop are many other hotels so shop around. Also, just across the parking lot is John's Dinner. You get a 10% discount by showing your room key. (We ate there twice!) There is also McDonald's and a few gas stations very near by.

There is a restaurant in this property (Garlic Poet) that is highly rated on Trip Advisor. It looked good but was a bit pricey for us.

I hope you find this review helpful!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I am so glad you took the time to write a review and share your experience here at the Clarion hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Room was musty smelling. The tub was dirty, had to stand on towel to take a shower. There is only one elevator for the entire facility at the front of the hotel, to access the rooms in the back you have to walk the entire perimeter or take the steps, this not easy if you have difficulty walking.
I had requested a first floor room because of this and was put 2nd floor in the back.
Personnel was harried and not very helpful. This place needs a lot of work, there was no place in house for lunch. These are just the highlights or maybe the lowlights of my visit.

Room tip: Go to another hotel, or try to get a room away from the pool it is very noisy in that area.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

I apologize that we failed to meet your request for a first floor room. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. Thank you for writing the review to let us know so that we can do a better job in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Enjoyed Carlisle Corvette show before checking in Saturday evening. Numerous show goers at hotel. Prepaid rate was very cheap, check-in very polite and accurate. Reserved two rooms; one was beside the indoor pool which was noisy the first night with more kids and being Saturday plus management did not "close" pool at 9:30 pm. Also, the room was nonsmoking but smelled of smoke after attempting to clean it. Both rooms were otherwise clean and supplied well. Breakfast Sunday morning because of crowd was held in the large conference room with several round tables; the rest of the stay it was in the atrium area. Eggs, bacon, French toast, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, etc available.

Room tip: For quieter rooms request away from the pool area
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed most of the amenities we offer during you stay. Our apologies for the issue with the smoke smell. I have passed this on to our engineering and housekeeping departments for them to look into it and fix it. Hope you will choose us the next time you are in the area for a car show.