“Outstanding!!!!!”

Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in New Cumberland
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I attended the medical banquet there Monday and Tuesday .. The Hospitality was phenomenal. . As I was entering facility I was greeted by front desk staff. The food was outstanding . I was very blown away on how clean the restrooms were through out the day for the amount of people that were there. 2 different times throughout the 2 days when going to the bathrooms .. the janitor was about to walk into the ladies room to clean it but when saw me heading in .. He stepped back and said " Go ahead mam" He was very well mannered and he did and Amazing job keeping the bathrooms clean.. So my overall experience was great.. I really hope they decide to have more events at the Clarion because it was such a warm and welcoming environment.

• Stayed: October 2013
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

it is so nice to hear what a positive experience you had during your time with us. I am glad you found our staff to be so friendly and accommodating. As for the food, everyone says how great it is...glad you thought so too. We look forward to having your group back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I wondered about staying at this hotel because of the large number of negative comments. The price was reasonable-my rating of very good was based on the price. I did not run into problems similar to those in other reviews. If a visitor has accessability problems, he or she should check elsewhere. I asked about an accessable room and was met with silence on the phone. The floors in the lobby area are very slick. Also the bathroom floor was very slick. It was not easy to get from the handicapped spaces into the hotel-several steps up and down.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for giving us a try. We are so glad you are pleased. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the floors. I will pass along your review to housekeeping for them to see what can be done to alleviate any problems.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We needed a quiet get away for the weekend, and this was the perfect place to be. We wanted a room that was in a quieter location, and the friendly staff were very accommodating to our needs. I would stay here again just for the pleasant manner in which we were treated. The location was ideal as it offered multiple choices for dining, and the hotel itself offered a very nice breakfast. Having the breakfast served in the atrium area was an added selling point for me as so many offer a less than fair breakfast in a dirty or confined space, but this location was open and relaxing and the assortment offered was unexpected. We were very pleased. The pool area was nice even though we didn't use it during our stay this time, but we look forward to using it during our next stay. The room itself had a Keurig coffee maker which we loved, and the room was clean and comfortable. We look forward to staying here again in the future!

1  Thank Tammy G

Thank you so much for awarding us a 5 here on trip advisor. We are so glad you enjoy all that the hotel has to offer. We hope we have earned your trust to become your preferred lodging choice when in the New Cumberland area.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were attending a show at Hershey Park and the close hotels were very expensive. We got a great AAA rate on a Sunday night at this property for $62. This is about a 20 minute drive to Hershey Park.

The highlight was the breakfast. It includes the usual items of cereal, toast, pastry, coffee, tea, juice but also includes hot items of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and French toast.

This property has a large indoor pool. The water was too cold for me so I suspect it is not heated very much. Kids seemed to like it.

We had a 1 Queen bed room. It included a couch and coffee table area, tv and a Keurig coffee maker. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean but needs updating.

At this same highway stop are many other hotels so shop around. Also, just across the parking lot is John's Dinner. You get a 10% discount by showing your room key. (We ate there twice!) There is also McDonald's and a few gas stations very near by.

There is a restaurant in this property (Garlic Poet) that is highly rated on Trip Advisor. It looked good but was a bit pricey for us.

I hope you find this review helpful!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
GSM_Clarion, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

I am so glad you took the time to write a review and share your experience here at the Clarion hotel. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Room was musty smelling. The tub was dirty, had to stand on towel to take a shower. There is only one elevator for the entire facility at the front of the hotel, to access the rooms in the back you have to walk the entire perimeter or take the steps, this not easy if you have difficulty walking.
I had requested a first floor room because of this and was put 2nd floor in the back.
Personnel was harried and not very helpful. This place needs a lot of work, there was no place in house for lunch. These are just the highlights or maybe the lowlights of my visit.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel, or try to get a room away from the pool it is very noisy in that area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

I apologize that we failed to meet your request for a first floor room. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced. Thank you for writing the review to let us know so that we can do a better job in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Enjoyed Carlisle Corvette show before checking in Saturday evening. Numerous show goers at hotel. Prepaid rate was very cheap, check-in very polite and accurate. Reserved two rooms; one was beside the indoor pool which was noisy the first night with more kids and being Saturday plus management did not "close" pool at 9:30 pm. Also, the room was nonsmoking but smelled of smoke after attempting to clean it. Both rooms were otherwise clean and supplied well. Breakfast Sunday morning because of crowd was held in the large conference room with several round tables; the rest of the stay it was in the atrium area. Eggs, bacon, French toast, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, etc available.

Room Tip: For quieter rooms request away from the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed most of the amenities we offer during you stay. Our apologies for the issue with the smoke smell. I have passed this on to our engineering and housekeeping departments for them to look into it and fix it. Hope you will choose us the next time you are in the area for a car show.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I had reservations to stay over the Labor Day holiday. When we arrived, there was a food bag on the table with someone's lunch and the key to our room on the table. The bathroom was filthy - someone else's soap was left in the shower and the floor was awful! The "free" breakfast was a joke. There was not enough food for anyone. The line for food was super long, not enough seating, trash over flowing, milk was warm with bugs. We left a day early and the manager did not care why. We should have been comped. We stayed at the Comfort Inn and they have all our business from now on in. Pay a little more and have a clean, nice stay with staff that cares!!!!!!

Room Tip: Have your staff clean the room and remove their lunch trash. Use cleaners on the bathtub and make s...
1  Thank Shelley502

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the issues you experienced during your stay. I apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. The issues with your breakfast experience was an isolated incident and we sent two desk clerks back to help the breakfast attendant the best they could. I have passed on your housekeeping issues to the appropriate department heads so that corrective action can be taken.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Cumberland
Best Western Plus New Cumberland Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Cumberland
Holiday Inn Express & Suites New...
#1 of 14 in New Cumberland
Capital Inn New Cumberland - Harrisburg South
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Harrisburg West
Days Inn New Cumberland/Harrisburg South
Country Inn and Suites Harrisburg West

Been to Clarion Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!