Clarion Hotel & Conference Center
Budget Inn(New Cumberland)
Very Good 4/5
Very Good 4/5
View Hotel
All reviewsatrium arearooms were very cleanjohn's dinerpa turnpikesausagethe breakfast areadebtournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stayed at the hotel on 7/21-7/23. We arrive very late (about 2 am). We reserved a two beds room, since we were traveling with my girls. When we arrived to the hotel only single bed rooms with sofa beds were available. Since we were so tired, we took the room. They gave us the bed sheets for the sofa bed, since the sofa bed was not dressed.

The room was located next to one of the secondary entrances of the hotel which was really convenient to upload-unload the baggage. The room was very spacious, even with the sofa bed opened. The bathroom was clean and the bed was comfortable. We get out early in the morning to the Hershey park and arrived late the next night, so we don't use any facility of the hotel, other than the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GM148, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you very much for your gracious comments about our hotel. It is indeed heartening to read positive comments and I will share them my staff so that can be aware of your comments and feel appreciated. We certainly hope that next time you are in our area, please come and be our guest again.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Upon arrival our first impression was "nice". The lobby and adjoining restaurant appeared very nice. It went downhill from there. First we were unable to check in early which is fine. We confirmed that we had a suitable room to house 3 adults and 2 children. We were told that we would have a roe away put in our room ready for use. We attempted to get the airline miles associated with the hotel added and no one seemed to be able to accomplish this nor understand it. Wwhen we returned at 830 that evening to go to our room we we told that they didn't know about the rollaway bed. We entered our room to find no additional bed and a dirty room. Stained bed covers and stale smell. The room was outdated and the tv did not work properly. When returning to the front desk to address this was told there were no more beds even though they knew we had requested one previous to our arrival and there was no way to accommodate us outside of this room. The kids ended up sleeping on the floor on sheets. The response was "oh sorry". We did eat at the adjoining restaurant as it was late. The food was ok but we felt rushed as they wanted to close at 10 on a Saturday night, making comment such as " no the door is not locked those people are still hanging out" loudly to emphasize their irritation.
It is ashame as holiday inn is generally pretty good.

Room Tip: If you appreciate good service and good atmosphere I don't recommend staying here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Ninerfan16, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for your response. We regret any inconvenience that you incurred during your stay. It seems the room was inadequate for the needs of your family. Three adults and two children can be challenging in a standard hotel room. I am sorry that you feel we should provide a rollaway bed in a room with two beds already in the room. This would be against the hotels fire code. We are grateful that you stayed with us and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Unfortunately there is not enough information to research the lack of follow through. Hopefully next time your accommodations will be more enjoyable.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. We checked in Friday after 5:00 pm and enjoyed the atmosphere at the front desk. There were two people checking in people and the third gal was answering the phone and making keys. It was a really effective way to move the crowd. The gals that checked us in were really friendly and after signing in, they showed us a map to our room. We were placed close to the "A: entrance. We left the lobby smiling and drove around to the "A" entrance. Our room was just what we were expecting. It was clean, the king bed was very comfortable and the pillows were plentiful. We were in and out of the hotel all weekend and mostly used the "A" entrance. The location of the hotel to several places we wanted to visit made it an even better experience.

Room Tip: We like the rooms that were a few doors down from the exit
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to the next time you are in town to come visit us again. We will be sure to pass your comments to the front desk manager.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I just left this hotel with my 10 month old son and husband. We got to our room around 4pm and thought, "oh this is nice!" We then left for some touristy things in Hershey and when we arrived back in the room around 930 pm our next door neighbors (adjoining rooms) were SO loud that my husband and I pretty much had to yell at eachother to hear. Our baby couldn't sleep, obviously. We called the front desk, who supposidly called next door and asked them to quiet down, to no avail. We finally got the baby to sleep around 1015 to then hear the family above us stomping and what sounded like jumping on and off of the bed over and over, for HOURS. Both my husband and I went up front to the desk twice to see if they could switch our rooms or call the neighbors again. The older man "Mike" at the front desk said he had no rooms, without even looking. I was livid. I finally fell asleep around 2am when the upstairs neighbor kids must have finally fallen asleep. I went up to the desk around 8am and the girl was extremely apologetic and immediately switched rooms for us. The new room was extremely quiet. but dirty. When in the bathroom I noticed the "Hospitality Guarantee" that said something to the effect of "if we can't fix the problem, we will refund that part of your stay"...well, the first night couldn't be fixed, so i expected a refund that night. After talking to the manager he decided he would give me a 20% discount. Though, the receptionists rang our bill out incorrectly, so we currently have THREE charges on our bank account. I would never reccomend this hotel to anyone. Stay away, far away.

2  Thank Jessica C
GM148, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I would like to thank you for being our guest and taking your time to write about your experience. I am sorry that we were unable to control other guests who were too loud and did not listen to our requests. I have discussed your experience with our staff and have directed them to evict those guests who are disturbing other guests. Our night auditor should have been more responsive to your situation. It is unfortunate that sometimes younger kids do become a little boisterous and start jumping on the bed and on the floor making the first floor guests uncomfortable.

I apologize to you for your inconvenience. I hope you will recognize our concern for your good will and continued patronage

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Let's start with walking in the front door and it smells like a locker room, an odor that never goes away. Next is the dated and dirty rooms. Dated is acceptable if it's clean but this hotel is not. The toilet seat was pealing apart and the tissue dispenser is rusting away. Dirty floors. The A/C had one fan speed, like the breeze off of a turtle, and I doubt the temperature accurately reflected the conditions. One lamp in the room worked properly, the rest must have been decorative. Now lets try to get some sleep...four of the smallest pillows made by man on a mattress that compares to a 4x8 sheet of plywood balanced on a couple of coil springs. As I welcomed morning and my exit I attempted to iron my clothes on a lumpy, stained ironing board with an iron that doesn't get hot, otherwise known as a paper weight on a cord...I gave this a 1-star because I couldn't give it zero. My advice is to keep driving, but if you must stop, head in to the Copper Cup for a drink and then go sleep in your car in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Any room in any other hotel will probably be a better choice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeremy M

Thank you for your response. We regret any inconvenience that you incurred during your stay. It seems that you feel the hotel was not up to par during your stay. We are grateful that you stayed with us and we hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future. Unfortunately there is not enough information to research the lack of follow through. Hopefully next time your accommodations will be more enjoyable.