“Flea Bag....stay away from room 250”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Columbia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Let me start this review by saying I have never left a totally negative review of any hotel in all the years I have been leaving reviews. 98% have been positive. So for me to get on here and slam a hotel it had to be bad. This past Saturday, I had a room, 250, at this Pet friendly motel. The sign in guy was passably helpful, but not really friendly. I got to my room and it looked pretty nice, standard, for the price. The bathroom was a bit small but it had everything necessary. however the counter was very low. it was funny as I am very short and had to take off my heels to wash up! Anyway, the bed was eh. During the night, in the morning I was itchy. I figured maybe when I was sitting outside Saturday I got bitten. Turns out I got bitten but in that room...several times....Somebody must have had a dog or cat with fleas, and when the pet left, its pets stayed in the room. I did call the hotel today to tell them, so nobody else had to suffer. The desk manager said he would check it out and definitely get back to me. He didn't. Poor business, poor pr. Needless to say I will never stay there again, or at this chain. They had the opportunity to apologize, perhaps offer me a partial refund, discounts, etc...nothing....so I am letting you all know here. ANd will let my friends, one a travel agent in the area, and acquaintances all know to stay away.

Room Tip: stay away unless you like fleas
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
dmr0123, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We were notified by this guest about the issues with her room. We called our pest control company who came and checked the room and found absolutely nothing. When we contacted her she stated that perhaps it was bedbugs then-but there were also no bedbugs. We even took all the furniture out,headboard down etc. This guest was also refunded her entire nights stay. Our reviews are extremely complementary for the most part and I just wanted to state that we did do our best. We could not call her back that very day as we had to wait for the pest control company to check out the room. She was called as soon as we had thoroughly checked out the room.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay at this property about once a year. It is an older comfort inn but is well maintained. We were a little early for our check in but the desk clerk found us a room than had been cleaned. The room was at the far end of the hotel and was very quiet. It was also clean and the pillows were excellent. The bathroom was extremely small and needed updating but for a one night stay
it was good and price was a real value. The breakfast was the usual comfort inn breakfast and that was fine. The staff was friendly and this is a rest stop while traveling.

Room Tip: The far end of the hotel is very quiet, but no elevators for the 2nd floor.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here as apposed to the Holiday Inn next door because they advertise a steak house! Not one that I would recognise. We carried the remains of our wine from the bar only to be greeted by a horrified server a. because it was alcohol and b. because it was in a glass!! We had to queue to choose our meal from a board on the wall - order it and pay for it. Mine was inedible - the other meal was a joke - a burger thinner than a bedsheet served on a roll you could bounce off the floor. My water was brought in a plastic glass! The hotel was clean and reasonable but the whole experience was overwhelmed by the'restaurant'

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have to agree with many others, this is a very well ran Comfort Inn hotel/motel. Rooms were clean and updated, including microwave and small fridge.

Buffet breakfast was excellent, attendants always made sure the area was cleaned and well stocked.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a gem of a value. There are amenities here that you would find in a more expensive place, like a bar, pool and great breakfast with waffles, eggs, cereals and bagels. The workout room is well equipped with gear by lifecycle, not junk.
My room was clean and quiet, with a comfortable queen sized bed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Nice clean hotel, good location on and off exit. Clean friendly staff. Plenty of parking.
Clean room , TV, air , clean bathroom, frig and microwave and breakfast was good for being free. Service from front desk and from restaurant were top notch.
Restaurant on site , bar in hotel. not a swinging place to meet other couple but a place for a drink.
Great hotel for a stop over. Quiet out of the way. Do have a pool but outdoors and was closed and a game room for the children.
Rooms were nice, Jacuzzi room is in the bathroom nice and big but no tv to relax and enjoy.
The room was very big. Only down side no elevator.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st floor inside. No elevator kills the knees walking up 15 steps if you are old like me.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed at this location as an overnight location on a bus trip. The room was pleasant and welcoming. The bed was comfortable and all items in the room functioned properly. They opened the breakfast early to accommodate our group. All in all, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Red Roof Inn Danville
Red Roof Inn Danville
#3 of 6 in Danville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!