“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Columbia
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Reasonably priced hotel, near Lewisburg, PA (Bucknell) We found as a reasonable location for traveling to PSU - no 2 night minimum, or inflated rates. And good route to psu to avoid the traffic. Free Internet and Breakfast.
Lewisburg (7 miles) has a niumber of very nice and reasonably priced restaurants and a cute downtown area with a few nice stores also. Bucknell, a small Liberal Arts college has a nice campus as well.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were a bit worried initially at the price and some of the reviews but we had a good stay. Stable, free WiFi (something you sometimes lack in bigger hotels), very clean rooms. Some of the furnishings look a bit dated, but every surface in sight was perfectly clean. Very quiet, too - something important when traveling. Access a breeze, right off the highway. As others have mentioned there is a bar internal to the hotel and an attached restaurant. Overall great stay, would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and you'll get one, and don't forget about the restaurant if you're...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were driving back to Ontario from Williamsburg Virginia. My husband wanted to stop to see Gettysburg so we decided to break the trip up and stop in New Columbia overnight . The Comfort Inn was easy to get to just off the road All the staff were very friendly and the rooms were adequate . The best part was there was a restaurant attached to the property so we could have a drink in our room then walk to the restaurant. We were so happy we did not have to go off the property and the restaurant turned out to be pretty good. Our room was on the main floor which was good because my husband has a very sore hip and finds climbing stairs difficult. The complementary breakfast was very good
.When we left in the morning everyone of the staff from the house keeping woman to the desk clerk said " good by " and wished us a safe traveling day.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needed one night to rest up after driving a long distance

Room Tip: If you are a senior make sure you tell the booking clerk
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Milton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Overall the place was nice .My wife and I stay here to get away for a night .We decided to try jucuzzi which was ok but water was very hot and and to wait for it to cool a bit before getting in. The room was nice and clean . The bed was very comfy and pillows were very nice. Ihad to go to the front desk a few times for minor problems .The girl at the desk didnt seem to want to be bothered , I geuss her phone call was more important. But as far as the hotel is concerned we would go back .

Room Tip: Tell them exactly what you want in your room if you need anythig ex micro fridge . All in all a nice...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Raleigh
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Entry road to this property is a little obscure; pay close attention for the turnoff sign. There's really nothing else close to this except the Holiday Inn next door, BUT there's a nice Bonanza restaurant in the same building (good food reasonable $), so once you're here you've all you need for a night. We had a handicapped room, which was very well laid out and convenient to an exit. Checkin/checkout was smooth and efficient. Large breakfast room, pretty much standard fare but well presented. Had a little more noise than usual from the room next to ours. Otherwise a very satisfactory stay; would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milton, PA
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Spouse and I went there to get away for night, so we went there. We got a king room with a jacuzzi tub.We laid and relaxed , watched tv, ate. Decided to get in the jacuzzi but it was too hot for me so i didnt stay in long. but it was nice. The room was a nice size and was clean and the bed and pillows were very comfy, i would have loved to brought the whole bed and pillows home with me. The price is a little steep for someone whos watching their pennies but it it is a nice clean place to stay and the staff was very friendly also. would reccomend this palce to travlers

Room Tip: jacuzzi rooms are awesome
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Bensalem, PA
Reviewed August 16, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for a swim meet at Bucknell. I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and while the place could use some sprucing up, it was clean. This time however, walking into the room there was a terrible smell that hit you as soon as you opened the door. When I mentioned this to the desk and asked to change rooms they responded that the place was booked and moving was not possible. She did offer to "Fabreeze" the room. What I figured out on the 2nd night was the smell: wet dog....the hotel is pet friendly. Unfortunately, the room still smelled of "Rover".
While I was trying to figure out the origin of the smell, I thought it might be the air conditioner filter. When I removed it, the filter was "black". Since the unit was relatively new, I was able to clean the filter myself. This is something that really should be addressed by the cleaning staff, especially during the summer months when the unit is in constant use.

Even though my experience was not that great on this visit, the staff was friendly and tried to address my needs.

Room Tip: If you have issues climbing stairs request a room on the first floor as there is no elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 8 in Lewisburg
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 6 in Danville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!