Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Quality Inn(New Columbia)
$85
$151
$139
Best Western Plus Country Cupboard Inn(Lewisburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$89
Country Inn
$107
$98
Comfort Suites Lewisburg(Lewisburg)(Great Value!)
$99
$89
ComfortSuites
$65
RodewayInn
All Suites Inn Budget Host(Lewisburg)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
Northwood Motel(Montgomery)
$55
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskwrestling tournamentbreakfast bar iswater pressure in the showerlewisburg areamorning breakfastnice propertyoff the highwayother hotelsnext morninglate checkstayed here for one nightvisiting bucknellreneestopovercollege
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I had some business in the Lewisburg area, which would require two nights in a hotel. The first night I stayed closer to town than the Holiday Inn, in another chain hotel in which I have top tier status. That hotel was OK, but the welcome was cool, no upgrades were offered, no status was recognized and the hotel was showing some signs of age. So I moved further from town for my second night at the HI Express, at which I also have top tier status. It was a good move. This hotel has just completed a complete refurbishing and is in fact adding more rooms, construction in progress. I was enthusiastically greeted upon arrival,and upgraded to a larger and better room. The tenor of the greeting was noteworthy......how one is welcomed to a hotel leaves a strong impression. In future visits to the Lewisburg area I will stay at this hotel, even though it is priced the same as my other usual choice and is more inconvenient to my purpose.
If one is passing by on I80 in this area and looking for a stopover, this hotel is a good choice.
One thing I have noticed lately in newer or remodeled hotels. There seems to be a movement toward different seating arrangments in breakfast rooms.....more "group" tables, many sitting high off the floor on barstool-like seats. There are also some traditional tables available. For me personally, I do not care for this arrangement.......but perhaps younger generations like it. In this hotel on this day there was no room to sit or stand.....the breakfast room may be a bit too small. Because of that fact and the additional fact that the food didn't look so good I went out to a restaurant for breakfast. Back to basics; this is a recently remodeled, updated technologically with well staffed front desk, hotel. Lewisburg not having any 4 star properties.....this particular Holiday Inn Express is a decent choice for the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear RoyCharles:

Thank You so much for your kind words in your review. We take pride in our newly refurbished hotel and greatly appreciate that our guests are noticing! Also, we want to thank you again for being part of our Priority Club Rewards and will recognize our front desk staff for their excellent greeting upon your arrival!

I do agree newer hotels are trending towards the group/communal tables, bar height chairs, and non standard seating options; this seems to be the common trend. I think the brands want to add for more of a ‘great room’ feel where guests can come together, relax, work, etc.

Our breakfast room can get crowded, depending on the time of day and day of week, but we as well as other Holiday Inn Express hotels offer to go bags if that may suit you better. Regardless, we hope you will choose to stay at our hotel again when your business brings you back into Lewisburg.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend as a jumping point for Knoebel's Amusement Park.

The property was spot in with what you would expect from the brand. The rooms were clean, service was fine, everything was fresh, etc. The kids enjoyed the pool to use up some energy. The one thing that might have been a bit "out of line" was that Sunday morning, the room and hall became full of the smell of woodsmoke. I am not sure if this was a byproduct of the expansion they are undertaking or what, but it was noticable.

PARENTS: If you are traveling with toddlers/young children that have a bit of extra energy, I might reconsider this property. The room is decorated in an attractrive manner, but there are many sharp corners that could really hurt a child that was not listening (I know, they are always angels, right?) The corners of the dresser, desk, and TV stand are all as pointy as could be. Even the nightstand, which was directly between the beds, had some evil corners that we covered with pillows. The "headboard" mounted on the wall behind the beds even has sharp corners on the bottom that a young one can (and did) hit their head on. This is not a fault of the property at all, I just wanted to make any parents aware. We were a nervous mess until the kids were sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Tuaennoc:

Thank You so much for the kind words reviewing our hotel. We take pride in being a highly regarded hotel under the Holiday Inn Express brand. Also, I’m glad to hear your children enjoyed our indoor pool! I want to acknowledge your concern for parents with small children and the edges on the furniture. I will speak to our on-site engineer and brand to see if we can come up with a solution for a few rooms that can be put aside for guests with small children. Thus far we haven’t had any issues with the furniture, but sincerely understand your concern. We hope to see you back at our hotel soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

As a young female travelling alone I felt completely safe in this hotel. Stayed here for 2 weeks in July, all the employees from the GM and front desk staff to the maintenance man were kind and helpful. Hotel was very clean and quiet, room was perfect with mini fridge and microwave. Housekeeping cleaned daily. 5 minutes drive from Walmart, Weis, restaurants and very close to where I needed to be. Pool and spa was clean, gym was good, barbecues and sun beds out the back were great. Free breakfast always a plus, wi-fi worked very well and all round just a very good well run hotel. I'm looking forward to staying here again at the end of the year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Perthchick20:

Thank You very much for your time in reviewing our hotel. We always love hearing from our guests and love hearing that our hotel exceeded our guest standards. We will share this review with our team and share your kind comments. Your comments are exactly what we like to hear from our guests and we will continue to strive to achieve the satisfaction you had during your stay. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was our second Holiday Inn on our way back to Canada. We were given a room on the 3rd floor (top). When we went in the extractor fan in the bathroom was very noisy and was on all the time. This HI had been recently renovated. Don't think this was part of the renovations! So we went and asked for another room which we got on the 3rd floor. Desk clerk said maintenance would look at it in the morning! This would not have helped us much as we were only spending one night. Fan was much quieter but there was no fridge which the other unit had. It had been removed or not replaced. We were not going to move a third time!
Tried to connect to the Wi-Fi no success with either the cell or laptop.. So back to front dest and was told WE had to phone the internet provider to solve the problem. Called the provider and was asked which password. It turns out we were given, along with all the other lodgers, the wrong password.
Room was fine; nicely updated bathroom; beds comfortable and room was clean. Different to the previous HI we stayed the night before in PA the heating oscillated on and off all night. We did not hear the heating in the other HI

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RBoet
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear RBoet, thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. Yes, we did recently finish renovations in our hotel and the fan exhaust system in the rooms comes from an automatic drawl from the roof which we are looking into to see if there is anything we can do to help with the constant running sound.
I would like to apologize for the internet mix up. We recently started a program where our passwords would switch automatically on the 1st of the month, we were not aware that this wouldn't happen if it landed on a weekend date. Also, I must apologize for the lack of effort made from the front desk clerk that evening in not assisting you with your internet connection problem. I again, would like to thank you for commenting on your stay at our hotel and thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express brand.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We picked this hotel because it was just off I-80 and they would allow us to bring in our dog--you would NEVER have known there was a single dog that ever stayed on this property. It was clean, it was quiet and it looked pretty darn new--I mean, what else are you looking for just off of a highway besides very clean and very quiet? We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie046
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear Laurie083,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about your recent stay. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we take great pride in being sure our rooms are in excellent condition for our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.