“Desk service lacking”

Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in New Columbia
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This was our second Holiday Inn on our way back to Canada. We were given a room on the 3rd floor (top). When we went in the extractor fan in the bathroom was very noisy and was on all the time. This HI had been recently renovated. Don't think this was part of the renovations! So we went and asked for another room which we got on the 3rd floor. Desk clerk said maintenance would look at it in the morning! This would not have helped us much as we were only spending one night. Fan was much quieter but there was no fridge which the other unit had. It had been removed or not replaced. We were not going to move a third time!
Tried to connect to the Wi-Fi no success with either the cell or laptop.. So back to front dest and was told WE had to phone the internet provider to solve the problem. Called the provider and was asked which password. It turns out we were given, along with all the other lodgers, the wrong password.
Room was fine; nicely updated bathroom; beds comfortable and room was clean. Different to the previous HI we stayed the night before in PA the heating oscillated on and off all night. We did not hear the heating in the other HI

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RBoet
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear RBoet, thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. Yes, we did recently finish renovations in our hotel and the fan exhaust system in the rooms comes from an automatic drawl from the roof which we are looking into to see if there is anything we can do to help with the constant running sound.
I would like to apologize for the internet mix up. We recently started a program where our passwords would switch automatically on the 1st of the month, we were not aware that this wouldn't happen if it landed on a weekend date. Also, I must apologize for the lack of effort made from the front desk clerk that evening in not assisting you with your internet connection problem. I again, would like to thank you for commenting on your stay at our hotel and thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express brand.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia

Reviewed February 13, 2012

We picked this hotel because it was just off I-80 and they would allow us to bring in our dog--you would NEVER have known there was a single dog that ever stayed on this property. It was clean, it was quiet and it looked pretty darn new--I mean, what else are you looking for just off of a highway besides very clean and very quiet? We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie046
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2012

Dear Laurie083,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about your recent stay. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we take great pride in being sure our rooms are in excellent condition for our guests. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Had to stop for the nite - check in was fast, room was big, internet access easy, Tv wasn't HD or not set up properly but who cares when you are just stopping to sleep. Pool and Hot Tub ! Went for a nice swim and slept great. Good breakfast offerings. Tea water was hot, but the non -refrigerated half/half just kept breaking apart. Not a lipton fan, so I usually travel with my own tea - a mug and grab some milk. (all of which I forgot - this trip) I was offered milk. Nothing worse than coffee or tea in styrofoam cups. I agree with the reviewer on the cinnamon rolls - very good. I think we were upgraded when I asked for a King, got a great room for the price. The staff was exceptionally helpful. Bathroom is a bit small.

Room Tip: 1st floor, close walk to the pool !
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Trip808BuffaloNY,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We strive to make each and every guests stay welcoming and comfortable. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the swimming pool, the ease of using the internet and the hot breakfast in the morning. I would like to thank you for visiting the Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Every Christmas I leave the warm climes of California for my journey back to Central PA. I have family in Lewisburg and Shamokin and I go back and forth between both towns to visit with them. It would be easier if I stayed at other properties mid-point between the towns, but I would never consider doing so. Why? The reason is the staff at this hotel, including the management team - led by Megan Jarrett.

I'm a IHG platinum member for over 10 years...I spend a lot of time in hotels. What I've found over time is a hotel designation of 2 or 5 stars is not necessarily a good definition of its quality. The team of folks working there - is what makes or breaks a hotel. This property has great personnel that make you feel at home. The property is clean, the people are friendly and the entire staff is very accomodating.

New Columbia is a little out of the way, but it's worth driving the extra miles to stay in a hotel that consistently exceeds your expectations.

I'll be spending Christmas here in 2011 as I've done in 2009-2010, and I'm looking forward to it as I have in the past.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank willjammer
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Dear Mr. Deibler,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We take pride in making sure every stay is an exceptional one. We would like to thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, as they strive to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. I hope you had an enjoyable stay in our newly renovated rooms and an even more exceptional Christmas with your family here in Central Pa.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

So far my stay is fine. I am here on a Sunday night and the hotel appears to be 1/2 empty. I had to ask for an upgrade as a Platium member, when normally that is automatically done. So, my upgrade is a king bed for me and my daughter. Really???

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Dear Kas S:
Thanks for your time in reviewing our hotel. I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had during your check-in; as a Platinum Member, which is one of the highest levels of Priority Club Rewards, your opinion is very valuable. At our hotel, our standard room type is a "Two Queen Non Smoking," and the standard complimentary upgrade for that is the "King Non Smoking." During a stay for a typical Platinum Member, we try to assign upgrades first thing before any check-ins arrive. Your stay was a little different due to the nature of how your reservation was booked (redemption of your points). At our hotel we try to upgrade all Platinum Members regardless of how the reservation was made, but by booking using points we are unable to alter your reservation until you arrive at the hotel, which is the reason why you weren't given an upgrade "automatically."

Again, I apologize for the mix up during your check-in and hope you found the quality of our hotel to exceed your needs. At this point I would like to refund some of your points used for booking the room. If you can contact me at your convenience: (570) 568-1100, I would love to discuss this further.

Megan Jarrett
GM,HIE Lewisburg/New Columbia

Reviewed November 10, 2011

We had a King suite, which was really just a room with a king size bed and sofa bed. Flat screen TV, refrigerator and microwave were nice for the weekend. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom was smallish with no rack to hang towels. Was informed by the front desk that the bathrooms had been recently renovated and they had not replaced the towel racks. Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, etc. The best part was the cinnamon buns they kept in a warmer. They were really good! The hotel allows dogs at a fee of $20 per night. But since we got a nice rate for the weekend, it was not too bad a deal. The hotel is easy to find, but the road leading up to it has lots of pot holes left from construction, I guess. We would stay here again,

Room Tip: All the pet rooms are on the first floor. Easy access to the outside.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
HIENewColumbia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2011

Dear Dogsmom, I would like to thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express New Columbia and I appreciate your kind words in regards to our newly renovated rooms. I am glad you found our breakfast bar to be rather enjoyable and the cinnamon buns an extra perk to breakfast! We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've stayed at this hotel several times in the last 4 years.Our last visit,we noticed they had renovated the lobby and dining area. Rooms are clean and have also been recently updated.
Good value for the price. Nice breakfast served in the mornings. Indoor pool.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
HIENewColumbia, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Dear SeabreezeNH:

Thank you so much for your time in reviewing our hotel. We greatly appreciate you staying with us in the Lewisburg/New Columbia area. Also, thank you very much for finding value in your stay with our newly remodeled hotel! It's great to hear positive remarks from our repeat guests, and certainly look forward to seeing you soon.

Management

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lewisburg
Hampton Inn Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#1 of 6 in Danville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lewisburg/New Columbia? Share your experiences!