“positive”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed October 26, 2013

friendly, knowledgeable staff, comfortable room with good mattress. Room & bathroom clean & stain free. Bathtub had safety strips on the bottom. Good water pressure & water hot enough. Staff was very sympathetic because we stayed there due to a medical issue with our adult daughter.
The only complaint was that there was no heat thermostat in the room so it was rather chilly in the room.

Room Tip: any room is nice
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
renee r, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank You for your positive review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. I am eager to share your remarks with our hotel family. We look forward towards serving you again in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We started our stay here on 8-3-13 and I will be here through 8-17-13, our company booked us for Friday instead of Saturday so we were marked as no shows (cant blame the hotel!) but the woman at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating and had a maid clean a couple of rooms for us on the spot at 830pm! We stayed in the king rooms and they were excellent! The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean and smelled nice! We work an odd schedule (one week of day shift and then one week of nights) and the maids were very helpful with keeping our rooms cleaned and stocked for us! The maids leave nice little notes on your bed or in your bathroom letting you know they changed sheets etc. The free breakfast is one of the best I have had at a hotel and they keep it stocked nicely. One downside is that the door on the side entrance is open all hours due to a card reader issue so basically anyone can get into the hotel. The location is pretty good with decent access to a lot of different places but my favorite part is that there are 4 or 5 golf courses within 15-20 minutes of the hotel! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for any reason!

Room Tip: The king rooms are nice if you are on business, they have a big comfy chair with ottoman and a desk...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
renee r, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. I am pleased to learn of your satisfaction with staff as well as our property overall. Your opinion is valued greatly as a Choice Hotel guest and I am eager to share your remarks with our hotel family. I hope you have an opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We selected the hotel as home base to explore Lawrence County for its central location in the area and good access to major routes. The drawback is that there is not much at walking distance of the hotel. As expected the room is large and well furnished and the bed is excellent with soft and hard pillows. Isolation was a problem and we could hear the kids running in the room above ours. The bathroom large and clean. The breakfast room is too small. The breakfast is on the poor side both regarding contents and presentation. Staff competent, very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. I am pleased to learn the performance of staff members were to your satisfaction. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. I hope your confidence in Choice Brand Hotels continues and if given the opportunity would love to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friends and I stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn New Castle and were very happy with everything. The staff members were kind and courteous, the rooms were immaculate and had that just cleaned smell. The bed was the best part. I have a problem with back pain, but after 1 night I woke up feeling great and refreshed. I wanted to take the mattress and pillows home with me. We all enjoyed the complimentary breakfast too, best hotel coffee I have ever had. I would be very happy to reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
renee r, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

I would like to thank you for your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn. As a Choice Hotel guest your opinion matters greatly and I am eager to share your review with staff members. We have a very loyal and dedicated team and I am pleased to hear of your satisfaction. Please contact me directly should you return to New Castle as we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon check-in, we noticed the hotel lobby to be adequate and average. Nothing out of the norm. Then an odor filled my nose - stale smoke with poor coverup. Not welcoming at all. We walked up the stairs to our room - a bit worn out to say the least. It was needing a good makeover and deep=cleaning. The sticky spots on the carpet, the dingy film on the windows and the strangely worn out bed was not worth the price. Yechhh. Then the morning free breakfast was not worth the time to walk down. I was underwhelmed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank WorldlyTravelersIN
renee r, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

In response to your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn I would like to take the opportunity to discuss further your issues regarding your stay. Please contact me directly so I may ensure your satisfaction. I apologize for any inconvenience and would like some additional information so I may correct some of the issues mentioned in your review. Warm Regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I would not recommend staying at this hotel. The employees were not very pleasant. The rooms were dingy and smelly. The outside doors did not close letting anyone that walked by have access to get inside the hotel. There was nothing to eat at their "free continental breakfast." If this is the only place with rooms in New Castle, I would stay in Grove City, Sharon, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Carkitto
renee r, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

In response to your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. Please contact me directly so we may further discuss in detail the issues mentioned in your response. I hope restore your confidence in Choice Brand Hotels and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were in town for the fourth of July. It was very hot out side and we had been at the park all day long. So when we got to the hotel we were very tired and just wanted to get our room and go to bed. I should have known after a few min to just turn around and go some where else. They had lost our reservation. We had our conformation number but that was no help to them because they could not find us in the system. So they said they would still give us a room but it had to be a smoking room. So being tired we took it, big mistake. the halls smelled of smoke and something that some one was cooking, I am thinking it was fish, it really did smell bad. Our room smelled like a big ash tray. I am not sure it has ever been cleaned very good. The carpet was stiff with stuff dried in it. The bathroom was nasty, there was a clot of hair in the tub, strand's of hair on the commode and floor. So we ask for clean sheets and layed them over the bed and slept in our clothes, We checked out early the next morning just so we could get some fresh air. I had a bad feeling when we checked in that night and from now on I will trust my own judgment

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank billDejulia
QUEENIE1114, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

In response to your recent review of the New Castle Comfort Inn I apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered during your stay. Please contact me directly so
we may discuss in further detail the issues surrounding your reservation and stay.
Your opinion is valued greatly as a Choice Hotel Guest and if given the opportunity I
would like to ensure your satisfaction. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
Monroe Heights Hotel
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beaver Falls

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!