“Very impressed!”

Living Treasures Wild Animal Park
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in New Castle
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My best friend and I took her two little girls out for a day of fun at Living Treasures. We didn't know what to expect. All of us loved it. The girls loved getting up close with all of the animals. We rode a camel! It was a super fun day for all ages. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Took a shot and tried living treasures today. Very nice place. The animals look great,and the place is spotless. Easy to get around as well. It's a very kid friendly place as well. You can feed and touch most every animal. There are pony and camal rides for the kids too. Highly recommend. Allow about 2hrs to see it all.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Because of the location and very low price, I always thought that this park seemed to be a bit sketchy, but I found that it is better than any zoo I have ever been to. The layout is designed so that each attraction is in close proximity to the next, which is a pleasant change from most zoos which have a decent walk (possibly uphill) between the different habitats. There is a wide range of animals, many that I have never seen in person before, and they mostly are all front and center, vs the usual: standing on your tiptoes to view a panda that is sleeping 50 ft away behind a rock. The personal interaction with the animals is also something that makes this park very unique; you can buy carrots or a grain of some sort to feed animals other than the common petting zoo sort. Tip: I would recommend the carrots over the later, the animals go on a feeding frenzy in mere sight of this tasty morsel.

Bonus Tip: This park is open till 8pm, so head on over towards the later side if you want to miss the large crowds and get first dibs on the feedings.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

The park has been remodeled for this year. There are a lot of interesting animals to see and interact with. One sad note, the remodeling eliminated the wagon ride that the kids enjoyed.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

While on a shopping trip to Grove City Outlet's in Grove City, PA, my friend and I decided we'd like to go to an animal park. Not wanting to go into the city of Pittsburgh, we found a brochure for Living Treasure Animal Park at New Castle, PA. It was only a short distance away. It is a "walk-through park and I would allow a good 1-3 hr. to do just that. They have a nice restroom and gift shop. The enclosures are awesome and animals are WELL cared for.