“Best Italian sauce....”

Pagley's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 88 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Description: Most popular italian restaurant in New Castle , PA Great italiuan sauce
New Castle, United States
“Best Italian sauce....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

When you walk into the restaurant, you can smell Italy. The sauce is very tasty, thick and addictive. Their menu offers other foods, also. One of my favorites is their smelts. Fried with just the right seasonings and to perfection. The ambience, service and cleanliness makes it a regular of mine.

• Visited November 2013

Florence, South Carolina
“5 Circles, for New Castle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I'm from New Castle, so I'm not very optimestic about the food situation in town. I mean a hot dog place is number one on tripadvisor, really, a hot dog place. Pagley's though was a suprise. I went for lunch with my sister and my borther-in-law, they love the place. I ordered stuffed peppers appetizer for us to share they were so tasty, just the right amount of sweet and spicy. My sister and I both had wedding soup, which was very good. I had the pasta lunch special, it was very good, and I even took some home. My sister had pasta and my drother-in-law had a sandwich. All of our food was good. Oh yea I had a Bacardi and diet. The service was good, also. All of this came too around 32 dollars, before tip. What? Thats crazy. No wonder a famous QB eats here when he visits his in-laws. Not for the price, but for the food. Of course.

• Visited September 2013
New Castle, PA
“Very good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

one of the best Italian places in New Castle. food is great, atmosphere is good, service is very good.

• Visited February 2014
New Castle
“Great food and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

This has got to be the best Italian food of any restaurant. Also if you go there try the wedding soup it's amazing!! It also is very reasonable pricing.

• Visited March 2014
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

I not one to critique...but the horrors of my experience there is something I soon won't forget. As one other patron noted there was chaos between waiters, staff and management. We waited 35 minutes when we were told there would be a 15 minute wait. There were at least 15 people clammered by the front door waiting to be seated and the thing is there were several empty tables that we had noticed. The girl at the register was arrogant to say the least - she wouldn't let us talk to the owner or manager to voice our displeasure. Well we were finally seated and dinners came out - at various times I might add. The waitress never checked on us once till we were finished. The food is certainly nothing spectacular - mediocre at best. Will never go back to this mess hall. There are many other better choices in the area.

Visited December 2013