“Great home cooked food, Great prices”

Pagley's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Most popular italian restaurant in New Castle , PA Great italiuan sauce
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Great home cooked food, Great prices”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is one of our favorite home town restaurants in a town full of good home cooking. The spaghetti and marinara sauce are both a little on the sweet side but obviously home made and the pasta dishes are good. My favorite is the broiled cod which rival any I have had near the shore. The wedding soup is also home made and delicious as is the accompanying Italian bread. Service is normally good, and while the atmosphere is generic, the food and prices more than make up for it.

• Visited July 2013

Vermilion, Ohio
“Authentic Italian at a reasonable price”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this little gem after a long day of shopping at Grove City. Do not let the appearance of the interior stop you. The food was delicious! My husband ordered the chicken Marsala. He received 3 juicy pieces smothered in Marsala sauce. I ordered the Tour of Rome which consisted of Chicken Parmesan , Fettucine Alfredo and 2 Ravioli. I thoroughly enjoyed all 3.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank Ang5024
Salamanca, New York
“Great Italian Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

OMG...where to start. First, don't be worried about the crazy way they handle seating. The staff is so busy it just seems unorganized. It is worth it though, so be patient. We started off with their Wedding Soup and it was delicious....I could have had a bowl of soup, salad, and the fresh homemade bread alone and it would have been a GREAT meal!! But, I only got a cup of soup because I wanted to try the cheese ravioli. Wow! It was so fluffy and creamy! The hubby got a Ziti & Sausage special while my FIL got spaghetti & meatballs. We were all so stuffed, no one go9t any dessert. I highly recommend this place instead of a chain restaurant for Italian authenticity! Just make sure you bring your appetite!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank JandN93
Belleville, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian food!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I try to eat at Pagley's every time I visit New Castle and have never had a bad meal. The food isn't fancy but it's yummy and plentiful. I love the homemade cavatelli with marinara sauce. You can order a small or large portion, but the small is far from small. Their salads are also delicious and huge. I especially enjoy the basket of Italian bread included with each meal, soft and delicious.

2 Thank BillysMama
New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Not sure what the big draw it to this place.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I feel like I must be missing something. I went to Pagley's with my family, we were 8 people. The resturant is extremely outdated. One reviewer said it is like a banquet hall and that much I agree with. The hostess was rude, plain and simple. She made us feel like we were imposing on them. The waitress was not friendly and constantly reached across our plates while we ate. To add insult to injury, there was a National Geographic show on the televison above our table, which happened to have lions tearing apart antelopes throughout our meal. We asked our server if they mind changing and the channel and she said "no, other people were enjoying it". We could have dealt with all of it if the food was good, but to be honest I don't even remember what I ate, so the meal wasn't memorable either. Even though we had this awful experience, I thought maybe we just hit them on an off night, so we gave them another chance and again was extremely disappointed. My family and I will never go back!

• Visited August 2012