“Great Italian food!”

Pagley's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 90 Restaurants in New Castle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Most popular italian restaurant in New Castle , PA Great italiuan sauce
Belleville, Pennsylvania
“Great Italian food!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I try to eat at Pagley's every time I visit New Castle and have never had a bad meal. The food isn't fancy but it's yummy and plentiful. I love the homemade cavatelli with marinara sauce. You can order a small or large portion, but the small is far from small. Their salads are also delicious and huge. I especially enjoy the basket of Italian bread included with each meal, soft and delicious.

2 Thank BillysMama

New Castle, Pennsylvania
“Not sure what the big draw it to this place.”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I feel like I must be missing something. I went to Pagley's with my family, we were 8 people. The resturant is extremely outdated. One reviewer said it is like a banquet hall and that much I agree with. The hostess was rude, plain and simple. She made us feel like we were imposing on them. The waitress was not friendly and constantly reached across our plates while we ate. To add insult to injury, there was a National Geographic show on the televison above our table, which happened to have lions tearing apart antelopes throughout our meal. We asked our server if they mind changing and the channel and she said "no, other people were enjoying it". We could have dealt with all of it if the food was good, but to be honest I don't even remember what I ate, so the meal wasn't memorable either. Even though we had this awful experience, I thought maybe we just hit them on an off night, so we gave them another chance and again was extremely disappointed. My family and I will never go back!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank dmazzei
Pittsburgh, PA
“A party of flavor in your mouth Excellent flavors”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Friends invited us to Pagley's raving about their homemade ravioli's. My husband & I went, both being skeptical as neither of us are fans of ravioli's.

Let me start by saying the restaurant is very outdated. When you enter it looks like a banquet hall with torn chairs, cheesy looking tables, the walls are not decorated. The wait staff make you feel very welcome. They work together which made our dining experience a seamless experience.

I ordered the stuffed chicken Romano and my husband orders an appetizer mussels and a small ravioli.

I can not begin to tell you the salad included with the dinner is fresh and large. The wedding soup had us wanting to like the cups. Unbelievable quality and it is January.

Our entree's came and our taste buds were pleasantly treated to great flavors, the aroma of the restaurant seems to pleasantly enhance the taste of the food. All we could say is YUM.

We just went back, a week later and tried more selections with our family. It was another incredibly delicious experience. Our grown children/spouses could not get over how delicious all of their dinners were.

People, if ambiance is what takes you to a restaurant , don't come here. Those who don't mind a banquet hall look, you will be deliciously taken to the best dining experience your mouth has ever encountered. You will have a party going on in your mouth and anxiously look to return.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank gofy22
New Castle, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Italian in New Castle!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Pagley's is by far the best Italian place in New Castle. The atmosphere isn't the most elegant in the world, but the food makes up for it. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2012
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Love it!”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Nothing beats a simple neighborhood restaurant with food that evokes your childhood. The homemade pasta and sauce are wonderful, but other entrees have been, too. The value is excellent. A restaurant doesn't have to be elegant to serve wonderful food!

• Visited December 2012