“Great Place To Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great hotel. I have asthma and allergies. The staff worked with me and did not clean our room with any offending smelly cleaners. I had no breathing problems. This means a lot to me. The room and bathroom were clean. We received a welcoming note from the staff and a candy bar. We would stay there again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 538michelew

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Clean, polite, quiet, safe, restful, nice beds, nice breakfast and super friendly and positive upbeat employees. Stayed at hotel with our volleyball team for a tournament and it was a fantastic experience for everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Hope W
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This had to have been the best hotel room we've ever had. It was so roomy and had everything we could of possibley needed in it. I was so very impressed. I will always stay at the Hampton from now on.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
castlehospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Melissa,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of our hotel on our Trip Advisor page! I am so glad your stay with us! Our rooms are extremely spacey, all offering a refrigerator and microwave and flat screen television for your convenience! I am absolutely thrilled that based on our facility, you will be choosing the Hampton brand from now on! I truly thank you for your business and look forward to your return trip to New Castle!

Erin
Guest Services

Reviewed March 2, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel, located near my family in PA, in order to attend a surprise birthday party. My daughter and husband enjoyed the pool, while I experienced the local shopping. The breakfast attendant was very nice and quite helpful, even remembering to ask the next day how our surprise party went. The desk staff went out of their way to personally bring us extra pillows and blankets for the pull out sofa, since it was very cold the night we arrived - at 3 am. The room was very clean, the staff courteous and friendly, helpful but not intrusive. A great two night stay for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janell Z

Dear Janell,

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in New Castle, we are always doing everything we can to make sure our guests feel comfortable and at home. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to New Castle!

Erin
Guest Services

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Was woken at 2:30 AM in the middle of winter for a "Summer time Bug issue. The management staff and franchisee owner are too darn cheap to pay for bug remediation and also don't properly take care of handicap parking spaces

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Guy F
castlehospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

I apologize for the very unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. Our guests’ health and safety is very important to us and is always a focal point of our property operations. Be assured that we employ one of the best exterminating companies in the northwest PA region and we spare no expense when it comes to guest satisfaction. The abnormal winter conditions this year have startled humans and animals alike. We have seen rare and isolated stink bug occurrences within not only our property, but the rest of the northwestern PA region as well. This type of occurrence is very rare at our hotel and we are doing everything possible to keep them out. Anyone who is from the area knows that stink bugs or Halyomorpha halys are just a nuisance and are of no harm to human beings. I have had a meeting with my snow management company and reiterated that our handicapped-accessible parking spots are to be given first priority.
Our goal with property surveys is to strive for and maintain the best possible conditions and experience for our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to notify us of this occurrence and helping us reach our goal of excellence.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 915 pm after 6 hour ride. The lobby was clean and the front desk clerk was lovely. Our room on the first floor across from the pool was gross!! It smelled so bad from smoke it was disgusting. The clerk was very kind and brought us a smoke machine thingy to clear out the smoke and we left to grab a bite to eat. Upon arrival to our room after dinner it smelled again but now of smoke and a chemicals gross. We apparently got the last room in the hotel so we will try to change it Tomrw. Just don't stay here!!

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank traveledout444
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

I cannot apologize enough for the issue you experienced at our hotel. I would love to make things right and send you a Be My Guest certificate via mail to your home address. A Be My Guest certificate entitles you to a free night's stay at any Hampton Inn in the country. I will be calling you to verify your address and get that mailed to you as soon as possible. I can assure you that this is an anomaly situation from our hotel and not typical of the service we pride ourselves on providing to our valued guests. As you mentioned, we were in fact sold out and were not able to accommodate you in another room or else we certainly would have. I am glad that you found the staff to be kind and helpful. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. I encourage you to call me the next time your travels bring you to the New Castle area and I will personally ensure that you have a pleasant, comfortable stay!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Five families stayed recently overnight for a volleyball tournament. The hotel was excellent, the staff wonderful even providing directions to a restaurant and to our venue for the tournament. The breakfast was very good, the girls found a lot to chose from.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage
Hampton Inn & Suites Sharon
Hampton Inn & Suites Sharon
#1 of 4 in West Middlesex

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle? Share your experiences!