“Smoke”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in New Castle
Long Branch, New Jersey
“Smoke”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We arrived around 915 pm after 6 hour ride. The lobby was clean and the front desk clerk was lovely. Our room on the first floor across from the pool was gross!! It smelled so bad from smoke it was disgusting. The clerk was very kind and brought us a smoke machine thingy to clear out the smoke and we left to grab a bite to eat. Upon arrival to our room after dinner it smelled again but now of smoke and a chemicals gross. We apparently got the last room in the hotel so we will try to change it Tomrw. Just don't stay here!!

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank traveledout444
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
I cannot apologize enough for the issue you experienced at our hotel. I would love to make things right and send you a Be My Guest certificate via mail to your home address. A Be My Guest certificate entitles you to a free night's stay at any Hampton Inn in the country. I will be calling you to verify your address and get that mailed to you as soon as possible. I can assure you that this is an anomaly situation from our hotel and not typical of the service we pride ourselves on providing to our valued guests. As you mentioned, we were in fact sold out and were not able to accommodate you in another room or else we certainly would have. I am glad that you found the staff to be kind and helpful. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel. I encourage you to call me the next time your travels bring you to the New Castle area and I will personally ensure that you have a pleasant, comfortable stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Carmichaels, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Five families stayed recently overnight for a volleyball tournament. The hotel was excellent, the staff wonderful even providing directions to a restaurant and to our venue for the tournament. The breakfast was very good, the girls found a lot to chose from.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Donna R
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Five Stars. Best night sleep in a hotel in quite some time. Large lounge to enjoy a cheese omelet with various breakfast fare. Tea and coffee always there. The double queen special suite has everything that a loft apartment would. Excellent value.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Harold M
Hello, Harold! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am absolutely thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our double queen suite with special features is certainly the nicest room that our hotel offers. Spacious, accommodating, luxurious, great for a family! I am so pleased that you had such a great stay. I hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the New Castle area!

Springfield, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very nice hotel,that was very clean in the lobby and rooms. I was there on business with one other colleague and we both found it the best choice of hotels in the area. I used the complimentary wifi and the complimentary breakfast was good. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Steve H
Hi, Steve!

I am so glad that you and your colleague enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us on Trip Advisor. We are always doing everything we can to ensure that we are providing the cleanest rooms, the friendliest service, and the best hot breakfast! I hope that you and your colleague will return to our hotel the next time your travels bring you to our area!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Have visited other Hamptons, this is by far the best. The front lobby was well designed and clean. The breakfast area was well designed for seating and pleasing to the eye. The complimentary breakfast had a large selection including fresh fruit. The room were well though out, the furnishings, carpets, decorations and even the furnishings matched and comfortable. Bathrooms were very clean. No distinct scent in the room detected. Beds were very comfortable. Definitely will reserve a room again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Hi, Paul!

I am always so happy to come across reviews like yours. A first-timer at our hotel and a great first impression made! I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the attention to detail that not only Hampton as a brand provides, but the great job our housekeeping team does in keeping our rooms as clean as can be! I am looking forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area! Thank you again for your review and your business, Paul!

Michigan
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The New Castle Hampton Inn is the BEST!! Excellent staff. It is always clean and neat. The breakfast is the best in any hotel of this level. Could not ask for a better experience. New Castle needed a quality hotel like this.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello!

"Best Hampton Inn"?! We will certainly accept that compliment! Thank you so much for writing such a kind, detailed review of our hotel! We pride ourselves on offering our valued guests clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly service, and a delicious hot breakfast to wake up to in the morning. I am so pleased this was reflected during your stay. I hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the New Castle area!

Buffalo NY, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the New Castle Hampton on New Years Eve. The accommodations are both clean and attractive. The hotel staff is competent and very courteous. The hotel lobby is very nice, and quite suitable as a place to enjoy the free breakfast. The breakfast it self was very good. It included hot items like scrambled eggs and bacon, in addition to hot oatmeal. Also a nice variety of cold items like fruit, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, and cereal.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi, James!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for our hotel! We appreciate your feedback! I am so glad to see you and your wife had such a nice time on New Years Eve with us. I am also very pleased you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast! We have a variety of selections for different tastes and always keep the food hot and fresh! I hope that if you are ever in the area again you will stay with us! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
#5 of 6 in New Castle
Park Inn by Radisson Beaver Falls
Towneplace Suites Grove City Mercer/Outlets
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Beaver Falls

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle? Share your experiences!