“Excellent Accomodations”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in New Castle
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Would highly recommend this location to others traveling to the area. The king suites were very roomy and perfect for either relaxing or working. Staff was helpful and breakfest we always hot and coffee wasn't bad at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Hi George!

Thank you so much for your awesome review of our hotel! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Being a coffee-lover myself, I must agree that our complimentary hot coffee that we provide 24 hours a day is fantastic! I am so glad you enjoyed that. I am also very pleased to read that our staff was always helpful to you! We are always striving to go above and beyond for each and every guest! I hope we will see you the next time your travels bring you to the New Castle area!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for business and it is always clean and refreshing. The decor is fairly modern and each room has a flat screen TV, mini fridge (with no freezer) and a microwave. The rooms are laid out differently than most hotels of this price range. Normally you walk in and the bed is going across the room in front of you. In these rooms, you walk through more of a short entryway and the bed faces out toward the window. The rooms are quite spacious and have a desk,and a chair for watching television or reading. The bathrooms are also unique and larger than most hotel bathrooms. The sink has a very spacious granite counter top and a small privacy wall hides the view of the toilet. The shower is also much larger than your average hotel shower and has a sliding glass door.

The lobby and breakfast area are also very nicely decorated for a Hampton Inn or comparable hotel. The workout room is also very nice, although one of the treadmill was not working. I ran on the other treadmill for about twenty minutes and it started making a weird rattling noise, so I hopped off and lifted weights. The fitness room has two treadmills, an elliptical trainer, and a seated bike. Also, thankfully, they offer a rack of dumbbells (15-50) and a bench. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful.

This hotel does not offer smoking rooms, so smokers should try to find a room on the first floor. Overall, I would definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trent M

Hi Trent!

Thank you so much for your thorough and kind review of our hotel! I am so glad to see that you have been pleased with your accommodations each time you visit our facility. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review and I'm sure that future guests appreciate your detailed review as well so they know exactly what to expect! We are looking forward to seeing you again on your return trip to New Castle!

Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I am not big on chains. The employees don't seem to care as much as they do in small boutique hotels. But all of the half dozen female staff were always smiling and always helpful. The breakfast was above average, and rooms are newer. The entrance is awkward (across from WalMart next to a Sears and Lowes).

• Stayed: September 2013
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hi Chuck!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am so happy to read that our staff was always friendly and accommodating to you, as this is the service we pride ourselves on delivering to our guests! I hope that if you are back in the area again that you will return to our property. Thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

we have had two experiences where we have requested late check outs and both times were disturbed by staff well before check out time. the suite we always rent is wonderful, the desk staff is very helpful but housekeeping/security do not communicate with the front desk very well regarding check out arrangements.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lynda G

Hi Lynda,

I am so sorry that we disturbed you and your family when you had specifically requested a late check-out. You are right, this is completely unacceptable and was a miscommunication between the front desk staff and the housekeeping staff. Since this issue arose, we have taken careful consideration to ensure that this does not happen again. Again, I am so sorry for the inconvenience and I can assure you it won't happen again. I hope that this negative experience did not deter you from choosing our hotel in the future. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn New Castle. This was a 4 day trip due to family member in poor health.
Upon check in the lobby seemed clean. I noticed that the staff does not have a set uniform. Not real proffesional. Justine checked us in. Very sweet and kind girl. When we checked into room number one I pulled back the sheets and noticed hair on the bed. The housekeeper from the third floor did not change the sheets from the previous guest. It was nasty. From what we told this housekeeper has been known to do this in the past. Why keep her?
Justine was kind enough to give us another room. The hotel is suppose to be non smoking. The room was smoked in. Justine smelled it as well. I guess the thrid time is a charm. We were placed into a different room. Justine changed all the bedding for us and mopped the bathroom floor. It was sticky. The next morning my husband noticed that the shower door was off the track. He placed it back on track but then when he showered the inner shower door fell on him. Yes, fell on him. Reason is the inner shower door does not have a bottom track to hold the door. We were then told by the front desk that the engineering dept(which arrives late in the day due to the hotel being the gentleman's second job) that they have to replace the door. Just be careful opening it. So needless to say we kept the door somewhat open at all times.
The beds are very uncomfortable. The mattress pad was so thin, it could be used as a sheet. And the linens are not the best. From the towels to the sheets.
The dinning area vents are so dusty. They probably never have been cleaned.
This hotel had a delay in being built for many reasons. When they did finish it there were many short cuts taken.
Its a shame because this is the only thing going in New Castle. The "innkeeper" needs to get a better grip on his establishment. Or it will go downhill just like all the other hotels in town.

Kudo's to Justine. She took care of business. She cleaned three rooms that day. Justine should be the GM or at least a supervisor. The houskeeping manager needs to take a class in how to clean and inspect rooms. There is no way some of the rooms are inspected in the way that they should be.

The GM was never on property. We never got to speak directly to a manager.
I will not stay here again. And family from out of town will not be directed to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kimmarlin

Hello,

I am disappointed and very sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory stay with us here at the Hampton Inn in New Castle. I can assure you that the level of service you experienced at our hotel is absolutely not the norm, and my staff and I accept full responsibility for the mistakes that were made. I had spoken with your husband about the issues you experienced during your stay and I am happy I was able to refund a night for you, as the service you experienced that night was unacceptable based on our strict cleanliness standards at Hampton. The remainder of your stay, the staff took great care to make sure that you and your husband were comfortable and taken care of. I am very sorry to read that you will not be choosing to return to our property. I appreciate your feedback as this allows us to consider the areas that need improvement so that we are able to make changes accordingly. I encourage you to try our hotel again if you return to the New Castle. I hope you will contact me directly when you do, so that I can make everything perfect for you. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent staff and clean modern facility. The staff at the desk went over and beyond to help in anyway. Room was spotless plenty of towels and free WIFI a plus. The complimentary breakfast was above average compared to most hotels. Food was fresh and comparable to eating at a good quality restaurant for breakfast

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
castlehospitality, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hi Eric!

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for your kind words about our property and staff. We are always looking for ways to go above and beyond for every guest, and I am absolutely thrilled that was evident during your stay. We pride ourselves on offering a delicious, hot complimentary breakfast full of variety to our guests, and I am glad you enjoyed it! We look forward to your return and thank you again for your kind words!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton in New Castle this past Tuesday night. I love the Hampton hotels, but this one was particularly efficient. I had called ahead and made reservations. The registration was ready with room key attached. It all took about 15 seconds. Our room was roomy and clean. I loved the bagel tops and oatmeal that was served at breakfast. We were just finishing up a 2 week trip and I was sick of eggs and bacon. It was a nice change. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The Hampton chain is my new favorite hotel. I'll look for more of them on our next trip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our hotel! I am so glad that your check-in was as efficient as possible and your room was found to be spacious and clean! We know how stressful traveling can be, so we do everything we can to try to alleviate that stress as much as possible! We also really enjoy the bagel toppers at breakfast! They are a new addition to our complimentary hot breakfast bar. We are always trying to mix up the selections and keep a good variety, so I am glad you enjoyed it! We pride ourselves on our friendly staff and clean rooms, so I am thrilled you got the whole experience and we have gained a loyal customer! Thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to our area!

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
Park Inn by Radisson Sharon, PA
#4 of 4 in West Middlesex
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Holiday Inn Express Sharon/Hermitage

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle? Share your experiences!