“Pros and cons of New Castle, PA Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in New Castle
Buffalo, NY, United States
“Pros and cons of New Castle, PA Hampton Inn”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was my second stay at this facility. It still looks brand new and is spotless. The staff was both attentive and friendly. Other than very minor problems with the room access card and accessing the Internet in the Business Center, everything was perfect. Breakfast was free and offered reasonable variety and quality. "Value" was high but pricier than in many larger markets where there are more choices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Thank John G. E

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hunt Valley, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Hampton Inn in New Castle, PA provided my family with a very nice play to stay while we were in town for a friend's wedding. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone needing accomodations in this area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Edgewater, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The check out manager was rude and rushed me out. I had to ask where my rewards package was and then she let me select only 2 items! Wow!!! I would not recommend staying here. Hair found all over the floor. Absolutely the slowest internet service. Made me wish for DIAL-UP! Did I mention it was S-L-O-W? No baggage carts could be found anywhere on any of the floors. One manager claimed they had 1 cart and on check out another manager claimed they had three. Well someone stole them as we waited and could not find any carts anywhere!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Stuert S
castlehospitality, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to write us a review. It is always our goal to go above and beyond for our guests and I am so sorry that is not the experience you had.
I had a meeting with the concerned Front desk agents. They did not mean to make you feel rushed and are very apologetic. Also, I appreciate you being a Blue Hilton Honors member. According to Hilton HHonors program rules, only Diamond and Gold members receive the drink and snack benefits but I am glad that regardless of that we were able to provide you with those benefits twice during your stay.
I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to "wow" you at our hotel. If you choose to stay with us again, please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally see to it that you have a comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Dhaval Patel
GM
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2013

A night away for my wife and myself and we couldn't have had a better experience. The brand new Hampton Hotel in New Castle, PA has amenities that make it both functional and beautiful. From the great walk-in shower (big enough for at least 2- and a kid) to the beautiful wood shelves built into the outside wall of the shower, that is just one of the ways they've updated Hampton to better serve travelers. The breakfast included sausage gravy and biscuits that would rival Cracker Barrel, omelets and all the regular offerings.

The decor features large photos of the history of the town, including a 6 foot (or larger) view of the old mill above the breakfast area. Lots of sunlight and plenty of space everywhere.

We'll definately be back and hope you'll think about staying at this location as well!

Room Tip: The King room is well worth the price. They change the sheets and pillow cases each time a new guest...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScottyB17325
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you so much for such a nice and detailed review of our hotel! I appreciate you suggesting to guests that our hotel is a great, clean facility to stay in with excellent amenities! We think so too! I am absolutely thrilled you had such an enjoyable night away with your wife! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you again for your kind words!

Houston, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Staff is wonderful and the food Is awsome. Everyone should experience this Hotel. They are very friendly and always have a smile. You can also enjoy the outdoors while you wait for your food. You can sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine. It is quiet and set back of of the main road. This is a must do Hotel.

Hello Angie!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am absolutely thrilled to see that our staff was so helpful and friendly to you and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast! We are looking forward to your return!

oxford, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I am an interior designer and I was very impressed with the use of colors materials, textures overall very appealing...really loved the carpet and use of drapes. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very helpful and curteous. The complimentary breakfast was good as well there was a variety of items to choose from including little cheese omelets, and the next day ham chees and scrambled egg mix...it was good, along with fresh fruit and yogurt, pretty much something for everyone..coffee was good and the staff maintained everything at all times. very clean. I enjoyed my stay and would come again if I return to the area. thank you, Gina

Hi Gina!

Thank you so much for your kind words about our property! I am so glad that you enjoyed both the beautiful decor and cleanliness of your room. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable rooms! We try to mix up the hot breakfast buffet with a variety of different foods each day, and I am glad we had enough variety to suit "something for everyone"!
I am absolutely thrilled to see that you will be returning to our property if you are in the area again! Looking forward to hopefully seeing you again very soon!

Saint clair shores, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

nice place ,but could be better if the cleaning staff took a little more time and paid attention to detail.When a cleaning staff is slacking,it is the beginning of the decline for a hotel,it just keeps getting worse.With all of the unemployed people out there,one would think that people that do have a job ,such as cleaning staff would want to do the best job possible and have a little pride in there work.

1 Thank Eric P
castlehospitality, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello Eric,

I know that my general manager has contacted you directly, but I would again like to apologize on behalf of my staff for the condition of your bathroom. As I'm sure you know, this is far below Hampton and Hilton standards. I sincerely apologize for this oversight and as my manager mentioned to you, we have had a meeting with the cleaning staff and implemented some changes. The housekeeping staff agreed that this is unacceptable and are working harder to ensure complete and thorough cleanliness. I appreciate your review and letting us know the ways that we can improve our property. I hope that if you are in the area again, you will give us the opportunity to better serve you. Thank you again, Eric.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New Castle
#5 of 6 in New Castle
Park Inn by Radisson Beaver Falls
Best Western Plus Boardman Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Castle? Share your experiences!