“Small dogs”

Coney Island Hot Dogs
Ranked #6 of 90 Restaurants in New Castle
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Been here many times when I lived here years ago. Seems as if the hot dogs got smaller and the chili sauce has more water and soy or something in it. Fries were really small and if you did not eat them quick they were cold and mushy.

1  Thank Dave M

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hot dogs at Coney Island are a lon time family favorite. Although we haven't lived here in years it is a must stop when we are in the New Castle area. Great hot dog sauce, don't leave without buying sauce for hot dogs at home.

2  Thank Jerry S
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place is fantastic I use to always come here as a kid and now when I come back I get that great nostalgia. I am not even a big hot dog fan but this place is on a whole other level. I read a previous review that bad enough compared it to Hot Dog shop but actually said it was better, well my only conclusion to that is either they have no taste buds or they must obviously be on drugs!

3  Thank Grim412
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The town of New Castle supports a lot of diffenet hot dog shops and Coney Island is a major player in a town that thrives on hot dogs. The sauce is Greek style, completely different from Brighton which is a tomato base sauce, the Greek sauce is a meat sauce compliemented with a variety of seasonings and cooked down on the stove. Personally I like it a lot better than Brighton. The only thing I can say negative about Coney Island is they use frozen french fries which to me is a big no-no in the hot dog shop business.

Give them a try and while you are at it try the other places in New Castle. You will see and taste different styles of the Greek hot dog sauce.

4  Thank Steelcityguy
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a great local hot dog shop. It is not quite as good as the Brighton Hot Dog Shoppes. The main difference is the chili this one is a little more spicy. If you go, make sure you have cash, because they don't accept credit cards.