“Average Ducky”
Review of Duck Deli - CLOSED

Duck Deli
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Good country atmosphere and friendliness. Smoked items didn't seem fresh and portions were small. All in all, just sverage.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Literally, this is the sister restaurant of the Duck Deli in Duck, Outer Banks, North Carolina. It is the less sweet southern barbecue and serves food that mirror's its sister restaurant. The food is excellent and reasonably priced. I feel that they could use some more dining room help (wait staff) as service can be slow and the staff looks overwhelmed, however, this is a popular place to dine, especially for lunch. Be sure to complement your sandwich with some of the best hush puppies you'll find. By the way, they also catered our "after wedding" party at our home and even offered the service of one of their bus boys.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Never a bad meal, so good you don't need to sauce but their sauces are great too! Smoked Prime Rib is our favorite, even though I smoke meat myself at home, not brave enough to try a standing rib roast :)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Food is ok but prefer the other location in the outer banks. Hush puppies are good. The barbecue is disappointing and service is inconsistent. Wish it was better.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I wanted to love this place. When you walk in, it feels like you're having breakfast at the farm. The coffee is terrific. So far, so good. It ends there. Try getting a second cup.....impossible. The service was afwul and it took forever to get scrambled eggs. My toast was cold and the waitress was not busy enough to be so vacant. I was here during the week after the breakfast rush. No excuse for such a poor experience. I actually asked to speak to a manager, he wasn't available...Um, right. I called for 2 days to try and speak with him, he never called me back or got on the phone. AWFUL.

There are way too many better places to go for eggs.