“FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Back Door Tavern
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in New Brighton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 17, 2018

OH MY!!!! Bring your appetite because they have the BEST Pittsburgh FISH Sandwiches around!! Even a half a sandwich is a challenge to the best of those who can EAT! I can do 1/4 a sandwich and it sure is GOOD! Other things to chose from too!

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here last night after our son’s baseball game in Beaver Falls. We are not familiar with the area at all so took a chance here & I’m so glad that we did! The service was excellent. We were a party of 8 with 4 of them being children (not an easy table), but our waitress was patient, friendly, & quick. They had a very large beer selection so that was nice too. The fish sandwich was the best I have ever eaten & I order them almost anywhere that has them. The small-sized sandwich still had a huge piece of fish. It was battered & cooked perfectly. It melted in my mouth. The only negative was that the tartar sauce was made with sweet relish which I don’t like. The fries were delicious. My husband ordered a large “Pittsburgh” sandwich & it was literally 2 sandwiches...would definitely do the smaller size next time. They had many flavors of wings but we were disappointed to learn that they did not have mild. So my son ordered hot & they were too hot to enjoy. It was just straight Tabasco with what appeared to be cayenne sprinkled on them. They weren’t the saucy style that we prefer. We would definitely stop here again when we are out in that area!

Reviewed February 23, 2018

If you are interested in a casual place, with very good food/huge portions, then you will like Back Door. The biggest draw of this place however is the beer selection. You can walk in and anticipate over a hundred different selections, from all over. Mainly bottles, but a few rotational drafts are always available.

I would highly recommend it. It can get a bit busy at the typical times, and they do seem to have slightly unusual hours. Since it is a bit off the beaten path, they don't seem to get busy from passer by types, but they are still so popular among the locals, that you can usually expect a wait. I try to go during off-peak times, and sit at the bar.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We were searching for a place to eat on our way to Beaver Valley Mall. Back Door Tavern had good reviews on Trip Advisor so we tried it. Service was great-Dan was our waiter and he was very friendly and attentive. I had a Reuben and chips,which was huge and delicious. My husband had a burger and chili,which was also very good. We would definitely recommend and plan to come back again.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

The comfort food is good but the menu a bit limited. We went on a Tuesday night. Onion rings, jalapeño poppers and fish and chips were good. But the nachos were nasty- it was all out of jars or cans and tasted terrible. It was a pity, because I like the vibe here and enjoyed my previous visit. This place fell in my estimation.