“Great time!”

Whitewater Rafting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Whitewater Rafting Adventures is the premier rafting and adventure outfitter in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains. Located just a short drive from the historic town of Jim Thorpe, Whitewater Rafting Adventures has been offering outdoor adventures for over 30 years. We are family owned and operated, love what we do and believe that it shows. Whether you are looking to raft class II and III rapids on the Lehigh River, take a Zipline ride, have an adrenaline pumping paintball shootout or enjoy a bike ride along the Lehigh Gorge Trail, Whitewater Rafting Adventures will provide you with a memorable outdoor experience in addition to the personal service that you deserve. Our friendly staff and knowledgeable guides are driven to provide you with the safest and most action packed adventure possible. Our focus is, and always will be, on making sure that you have a fun, safe and memorable day. You are important to us and we want you to feel that way. Come whitewater rafting and experience the WRA difference. Fresh air, good friends and a great time, you'll be glad you did.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We all had a great time yesterday! I highly recommend Whitewater Rafting Adventures! Friendly staff , great guides who were all fun and very helpful (Thank you Dave, Pete, Wyatt, just to name a few)!! Even though the forecast didn't sound great going into the trip, the weather was perfect for rafting. The water was comfortable and because it was cloudy we could see the rocks easily and no bad sunburns! Even if it rained we still would have had fun; it just would have added to the excitement. Go into the trip prepared for fun...and a little work. You will all have to work together to get through the rapids. Enjoy it and have a sense of humor through it all. If you keep your ankles locked in the way the guides instruct you, you are more likely not to get dumped into the river by a surprise, hidden rock. Even if you end up in the water, enjoy it...the guides instruct you how to get back in your raft before getting in the river ...and it does work...we had a lot of practice. Just go and enjoy it!

Also, I highly recommend you pre-order their lunches; they provide a nice lunch all packed up and ready to go; the turkey sandwiches were huge! We topped off the day with a ride on the zip line, then we were treated to free hot dogs and birch beer. Fun place; great people! Can't wait to go again!

There are newer reviews for Whitewater Rafting Adventures

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was very frightened and planned to shop while my husband, son and in-laws went white water rafting. Well, my sister-in-law convinced me to do it. I was now unprepared - no swimsuit and no lunch. I bought a shirt there to wear and decided to get wet! I would eat my son's yogurt and extra nuts I packed for them. Class II & III dam release rapids on a beautiful day! The guides Todd, Trevor and MacKenzie were great. Todd, a teacher during the school year, ensured me I would love it! He was right, so much fun and exhilarating! The trip was 14 miles long, about 5hours. The time went very fast. This company keeps the groups small and taught us what to do prior to getting in the raft, including how to get off a rock if we are stuck and how to direct our raft while in the water. They put our boat in the water for us. Other companies have you carry your boat and travel with 20 plus boats at a time (stay away from them). Small groups are perfect! At the end they have hotdogs and birch beer for you, changing rooms etc.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

The owner has pet trout in a pond next to the Outfitter buildings...his Lab tries to catch fish all day...( entertaining yes ),but he's get MAD if someone throws anything in the pond ! We watched 50 boy scouts catch grief for doing this !
The rafting trip its shelf was great....we did just the white water trip and was great for children. The zip line on the property was not worth $10.00 extra...lots of better places to tip line or tree top courses in the Poconos. Poor design climbing on ladders to decent and then get off the zip line below.
The meal after the trip.....warning do not leave your table with food on it...yes the fish hunting dog will swipe it quickly...OK if you were eating there Hot Dogs but if you brought your own food you will be eating Hot Dogs. Also do not expect the Draft Birch beer they advertise....somehow they do not stock extra or know where to get more..
Not sure how this Outfitter compares to other in the area but I would read reviews before my next trip.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

A group of us just went this weekend for Memorial Day and we had a blast. There were several guides with us along the way. They were very knowledgeable and helpful in helping us paddling along the big rocks. Would definitely do it again.

We did zip line for an additional 10 bucks. Although that was fun, I don't think it was worth the price since you only get to do it once.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just my daughter (age 20) and I (age 43) reserved a day of rafting with Whitewater. Class II and III rapids for beginners. We had a great time. We enjoyed the guides who seemed skilled at what they do - esp. Zach who was also thrilled to tell us about other attractions in the area, local lore, and general "PA" information that really enriched our experience. A few points I would make for other travelers:

Be aware that the trip will be several boats (our day was 8 boats of either 4 people or 6 people in each) and then 3-4 guides mostly in kayaks paddling with you. The guides were very good in the kayaks and were able to agilely get ahead or behind the group or rafts as needed. Try to go with a group of at least 4 - or scout out a couple other people you like to share a boat with. As you can tell form this and other reviews - who you are with matters! We had a large group of about 20 guys that came together on our trip. They were a bit loud and occasionally offensive but no so much it ruined my trip at all. They were drinking before the trip started, and the guides did disallow the alcohol once we started loading the buses - so maybe they are learning. I agree with other reviewers who said that smoking should be banned as well!!

Also be aware that while there are several areas of rapids and swift flow - there is a lot of calm, paddling time too. One of the guys on our trip was complaining (screaming) that these sections were "boring". I enjoyed the calm parts a lot and just considered part of my day in nature. My daughter and I were lucky too in that another group of 4 agreed to take us in their boat and we all got along well (a huge plus).

Only one person on our entire trip fell out of their raft and I think she was just not paying attention. For the most part I think everyone found it very manageable, and I did not find it overly physically taxing at all. The rafts were in very good shape and weathered all the rocks very well. Our bus to the drop off point was indeed an older school bus but I never felt unsafe at all. The day did start later than the designated time as a large group of 8 people came very late and Whitewater held up the whole group to get these people outfitted in wet suits, lunches packed away, etc. Overall a great day and I would most definitely go with them again!

Don't forget sunscreen!