“Want to waste $80? Visit the Lantern Lodge!”
Review of Lantern Lodge

Lantern Lodge
and 1 more site!
Lantern Lodge
Reviewed March 9, 2014

There was no signage, so we almost got lost finding this place as they only advertise the restaurant. I was bullied to get there by 10:30PM, otherwise I wouldn't have been given a key to the room I paid for with my card over the phone, even though I explained I was at the hospital for a family emergency & didn't know when I'd be given the paperwork they needed me to sign. The toilet seat had missing screws, so you had to be careful with its use. There was no hot water, so we couldn't shower. The bedding was itchy, so I'm hoping we didn't bring home any little friends. The heat turned off for 3 hours during the night & phone calls to the desk went to a fax machine. There was no one in the office, as that closes with the restaurant. I woke up during the night with my face so cold, it hurt. There was no coffeemaker, microwave nor Internet. The restaurant does not open in the morning & stops serving at 9:45PM, so we needed to drive to the other end of town to eat anything (thank goodness for McDonald's!). Since there was no one to check out with at 10:20AM & everything was locked up, we're hoping they found the key we left on the windowsill closest to the office. Biggest waste of money ever! Now that we know better, either we'll try the place that serves continental breakfast & has Internet over on the other side of Tamaqua, which we didn't see until we were on our way home, or just drive the hour & a half one way home should we find ourselves in this situation again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank Gina B
There are newer reviews for Lantern Lodge

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I recently wanted to visit Jim Thorpe with my family and was unable to find available lodging in town. After doing some research I decided to stay a few miles away at the lantern. The rooms were very inexpensive considerably less than Jim Thorpe!! Not only was the price right but the rooms were clean and quaint. We were able to park easily and get back and forth to Jim Thorpe in minutes. The biggest surprise was the restaurant, it was fabulous ! The best meal of the weekend by far! Highly recommend the Lantern for a great weekend ,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2011

First, I just want to state this review is not for the hotel. I couldn’t find the restaurant on its own anywhere in Trip Advisor.
My girlfriend and I were in Jim Thorpe Pa on a birthday getaway as we had been many times before; we usually dine at Flow or Moya, two fine establishments right in town. Macaluso’s came very highly rated by some friends who live nearby, so we thought we’d give it a try. It was a Sunday night of Columbus day weekend and the place wasn’t packed, but had a decent crowd. We were seated at our reservation time of 7:00. Our waitress, Lisa was very pleasant, and very good, she was the only waitress working!!! She handled us and about 9 or 10 other tables admirably!
We both started with a salad, I a Caesar and my girlfriend had an arugula, with apples and goat cheese, both were very good. The menu was pretty extensive, but not too much so. My girlfriend had a chicken dish in a cream sauce over angel hair pasta, I had crab augraten and roasted vegetables. I guess I can’t complain about the food, to me it was just “ok”, it certainly wasn’t bad, but it didn’t “wow” me.
I guess we’ll give them another try sometime in the future, maybe their pasta dishes are better, but I’m for sticking to our 2 standbys in Jim Thorpe, Flow, and Moya.
Overall the experience was ok, service was really good and the staff (what little there was) were friendly, the décor is nice also. One thing I would suggest to the owners is to get a lighted sign; maybe the bulbs were burned out. I hope this helps.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank deek60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nesquehoning
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Inn at Jim Thorpe
#1 of 1 in Jim Thorpe
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lehighton (Jim Thorpe
Hampton Inn Lehighton (Jim Thorpe Area)
Mahoning Inn
#2 of 8 in Hazleton
Hill Home Forge
Hill Home Forge
#4 of 17 in Jim Thorpe

Been to Lantern Lodge? Share your experiences!