There was no signage, so we almost got lost finding this place as they only advertise the restaurant. I was bullied to get there by 10:30PM, otherwise I wouldn't have been given a key to the room I paid for with my card over the phone, even though I explained I was at the hospital for a family emergency & didn't know when I'd be given the paperwork they needed me to sign. The toilet seat had missing screws, so you had to be careful with its use. There was no hot water, so we couldn't shower. The bedding was itchy, so I'm hoping we didn't bring home any little friends. The heat turned off for 3 hours during the night & phone calls to the desk went to a fax machine. There was no one in the office, as that closes with the restaurant. I woke up during the night with my face so cold, it hurt. There was no coffeemaker, microwave nor Internet. The restaurant does not open in the morning & stops serving at 9:45PM, so we needed to drive to the other end of town to eat anything (thank goodness for McDonald's!). Since there was no one to check out with at 10:20AM & everything was locked up, we're hoping they found the key we left on the windowsill closest to the office. Biggest waste of money ever! Now that we know better, either we'll try the place that serves continental breakfast & has Internet over on the other side of Tamaqua, which we didn't see until we were on our way home, or just drive the hour & a half one way home should we find ourselves in this situation again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-owned and operated lodging destination for over 40 years. Just minutes from historic Jim Thorpe, attractions, tours, concerts, shops and galleries. On-site restaurant and cocktail bar, Macaluso's Restaurant. 2 double beds per room. Private bath. Cable TV / AC. Rates start at just $65 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lantern Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lantern Lodge And Macalusos Restaurant
- Lantern Lodge & Macalusos Restaurant Hotel Nesquehoning