“An average place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husbands family takes us here at least once or twice each time we visit them. This is "their" place & they go there at least 5 times a week. I find the place just ok. I think they go there for visiting with friends and not the food. But I think that there taste buds are one the low end. They order steak "well done" if that tells you anything. Our service was descent, but then again we were with "regulars" so that my have helped. Everyone at our table ordered breakfast, but since it was past 11 I ordered a burger. It was ok & how can a place mess up eggs & bacon. I am sure when we visit again we will go there. I will just have to grit my teeth and say "oh good we are going there AGAIN.

There are newer reviews for Nazareth Diner

Reviewed September 15, 2012

when you order the special, compared to other diners in the area within a five mile radius, nazareth diners were very small on the portions..the food isnt very tasty, the wait staff seems to be up tight, not very caring for what they are doing..didnt give full attention to the customer..i was disappointed..

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The remodeling was a welcome change. The ambiance is nice. I am hoping for significant improvements overall. Now they have to focus on reminding the waitresses to pay attention to their customers. Niceties that we are all familiar at other diners like “refill your coffee?” or “how was your meal” or “can I get you your check?”. I shouldn’t have to constantly be on the lookout to flag her down for something. Maybe I had a couple less than favorable experiences. Pricing is perhaps higher than average but the new menu looks promising. While there is no bar, they do offer a limited but sufficient selection of beer/drinks. Since they recently reopened after a major renovation, I’m sure they are moving on to improving their overall service and customer experience. I’ll certainly try again but there is definite room for improvement if they want to be on par with other area restaurants.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

OK, let me start by being truthful. This USED to be our go to diner. They had good food at decent prices. Then they closed for a remodel. We started frequenting another diner in the area (248), but decided to check them out again since they had recently reopened. We chose to stop back in on Father's Day. I had a hankering for their Monte Cristo, pretty much my favorite meal there. Unfortunately, on Father's Day, they had a preset menu. OK, I can understand that. But what restaurant that's worth it's salt won't make something for you if you ask for something you know they normally make? Especially since French Toast was on the limited menu. I asked my waitress if they would make it since they normally do have it and I was told no. That was our first bad sign. Now, at this point, since when you are first seated they ask if you would like anything to drink, my wife, kids, and I already placed drink orders. We got our drinks, and then upon surveying the menu further and asking my questions we chose not to stay. I must say I was disappointed to receive a bill. We got soda, coffee, and some milk. Our bill was $9. A little pricey if you ask me. Bad sign number two. Also, in knowing that we were previous customers, to not just say "I'm sorry we are unable to accomodate your request because of the volume, since you are leaving don't worry about the drinks just come check us out again when we have a full menu" seemed like a very poor business decision. But what truly shocked me was not that the waitress chose not to comp us the drinks (I understand they may not have that authority), but upon going to the register to pay, with the manager right there, and asking us how everything was and my explaining why we were leaving, they chose not to comp us our bill either. Strike 3. I'm sorry, but the restaurant business is about customer satisfaction. I'm sure it may sound petty, but when I go to places frequently enough to know the regular menu, I would hope that loyalty would be acknowledged. To charge me for $1 worth of drinks seems in poor taste. Needless to say, we have not gone back. The food is good, but not worth the poor customer service. I would rather go to a place that will go out of their way to get you some Splenda (the bartender had to hunt high and low for it), then to a place that makes a Monte Cristo but could care less about their customers. So will you like the food? Probably. Is it fantastic? No, it's standard diner fare, but the desserts are lacking. Is it worth the fact that you are merely a dollar sign to them? Not to me.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The remodeled Nazareth Diner is now open for business once again. A breakfast trip there recently revealed a comprehensive breakfast menu, very friendly service, and good old-fashioned American diner food. The portions were appropriate, the food hot and tasty, and the prices reasonable. The remodeling has produced an updated sparkling motif with new furniture, new fixtures, and new color schemes. All in all - a very pleasing environment. Only thing they need to do is eliminate or replace the music - too loud, too irritating, too distracting.