“Historic Inn with great food”

Newburg Inn Grill House & Bar
Ranked #32 of 50 Restaurants in Nazareth
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Families with Children
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Once inside the Newburg Inn, history combines with great food. Lunch at the Newburg Inn has a buffet with hot and cold items and a salad bar. We tried the Chicken Parm soup and it was as wonderful as it sounds. Hot items included prime rib chunks in au jus and chicken turnovers. Also included in the buffet was mashed potatoes and green beans. We were really impressed. Once we were seated, I told our server that my ancestor was the first Innkeeper when the Newburg Inn was a Stage Coach Stop. The owner then gave us a printout of our family history. We were so grateful to get this information. When we were leaving, we were encouraged to look around. Then our server asked if you would like to see the original part of the Inn. We were given a private tour of that area. I was just overwhelmed with the hospitality and a wonderful Lunch.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for an early Saturday evening dinner....menu was outdated...over priced....decor needed some refining. Food was just ok...not worth $23-25 entree pricing. Service was good...but ultimately we were sorry we spent our time & money there. Need a visit from Gordon Ramsey

1  Thank fls1973
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Many years ago we lived in this area and Newburg Inn was a favorite- wonderful food and great atmosphere. I am sorry to say but it has gone downhill. The place is old and needs a lot of work. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It would have been worth about half the price we paid for it. Too bad.

1  Thank Linda T
Reviewed April 27, 2014

To sum it up...the food was terrible, the staff was rude, and the establishment was dingy and dirty. We also had issues using a coupon...should have turned around when we arrived on a Saturday night to see an empty parking lot with an employee doing some gardening with a serving spoon. Time to close the doors on this tired, over priced joint.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I just tried this restaurant again, having been there in the past it was always just OK. Our last time, a Tues. evening was nothing to be excited about. Besides my wife and I there were only (4) other patrons. The menu choices are decent but the pricing for this restaurant are too high! My reasoning for this is based on the following. When you walk in it's easy to see that the place is in need of a thorough cleaning and the carpeting is a disgrace. Another complaint, the restaurant is very dimly lit and it was considerably cold inside. We heard the heating system operate but we were never comfortable during out meal. My wife even had to put her coat around her shoulders to try and keep warm. Our waitress didn't even notice this or wasn't concerned. The one high point was our appetizer, portabella mushrooms on crustini . The sauce was to die for. Our meal choices were shrimp scampi and prime rib. A decent cut ( 16 0z) of meat but a bit over priced at $23.99. I had a wait a few minutes for my baked potato after my meal was served. When I finally got it, the potato was considerably under cooked. I feel bad wringing this review but it's quite obvious that things have gone downhill at this once decent establishment. I think this restaurant needs a visit from Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible.

1  Thank 860Vetman