“Were sorry we went....”

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Were sorry we went....”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Went for an early Saturday evening dinner....menu was outdated...over priced....decor needed some refining. Food was just ok...not worth $23-25 entree pricing. Service was good...but ultimately we were sorry we spent our time & money there. Need a visit from Gordon Ramsey

1 Thank fls1973

York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Many years ago we lived in this area and Newburg Inn was a favorite- wonderful food and great atmosphere. I am sorry to say but it has gone downhill. The place is old and needs a lot of work. The food wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. It would have been worth about half the price we paid for it. Too bad.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Linda T
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Never again!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

To sum it up...the food was terrible, the staff was rude, and the establishment was dingy and dirty. We also had issues using a coupon...should have turned around when we arrived on a Saturday night to see an empty parking lot with an employee doing some gardening with a serving spoon. Time to close the doors on this tired, over priced joint.

• Visited April 2014
Bethlehem
“Questionable”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I just tried this restaurant again, having been there in the past it was always just OK. Our last time, a Tues. evening was nothing to be excited about. Besides my wife and I there were only (4) other patrons. The menu choices are decent but the pricing for this restaurant are too high! My reasoning for this is based on the following. When you walk in it's easy to see that the place is in need of a thorough cleaning and the carpeting is a disgrace. Another complaint, the restaurant is very dimly lit and it was considerably cold inside. We heard the heating system operate but we were never comfortable during out meal. My wife even had to put her coat around her shoulders to try and keep warm. Our waitress didn't even notice this or wasn't concerned. The one high point was our appetizer, portabella mushrooms on crustini . The sauce was to die for. Our meal choices were shrimp scampi and prime rib. A decent cut ( 16 0z) of meat but a bit over priced at $23.99. I had a wait a few minutes for my baked potato after my meal was served. When I finally got it, the potato was considerably under cooked. I feel bad wringing this review but it's quite obvious that things have gone downhill at this once decent establishment. I think this restaurant needs a visit from Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 860Vetman
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Going down in flames”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Same exact review as MAZAKMASTER. We had a coupon and we were overcharged on purpose (admitted by management) to compensate for the coupon. Charged for refills on soda. What is this, a pizza joint? Why did you sign up for it Newburg if you have issue with honoring it. Restaurant was dead when we came in. Wait staff was immediately rude when we showed the coupon. It is a shame. Using the coupons has got our family introduced to reastaurants we never tried and now have subsequently become regulars. Definitely not happening with this one. Food nothing to speak of. Not horrible but with a rude staff and an owner who is out of compliance with Restaurant.com, just a matter of time before the doors shut on this local business too.

• Visited December 2013