“Never again!”

Description: Families with Children
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
“Never again!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

To sum it up...the food was terrible, the staff was rude, and the establishment was dingy and dirty. We also had issues using a coupon...should have turned around when we arrived on a Saturday night to see an empty parking lot with an employee doing some gardening with a serving spoon. Time to close the doors on this tired, over priced joint.

• Visited April 2014

Bethlehem
“Questionable”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My wife and I just tried this restaurant again, having been there in the past it was always just OK. Our last time, a Tues. evening was nothing to be excited about. Besides my wife and I there were only (4) other patrons. The menu choices are decent but the pricing for this restaurant are too high! My reasoning for this is based on the following. When you walk in it's easy to see that the place is in need of a thorough cleaning and the carpeting is a disgrace. Another complaint, the restaurant is very dimly lit and it was considerably cold inside. We heard the heating system operate but we were never comfortable during out meal. My wife even had to put her coat around her shoulders to try and keep warm. Our waitress didn't even notice this or wasn't concerned. The one high point was our appetizer, portabella mushrooms on crustini . The sauce was to die for. Our meal choices were shrimp scampi and prime rib. A decent cut ( 16 0z) of meat but a bit over priced at $23.99. I had a wait a few minutes for my baked potato after my meal was served. When I finally got it, the potato was considerably under cooked. I feel bad wringing this review but it's quite obvious that things have gone downhill at this once decent establishment. I think this restaurant needs a visit from Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank 860Vetman
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Going down in flames”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Same exact review as MAZAKMASTER. We had a coupon and we were overcharged on purpose (admitted by management) to compensate for the coupon. Charged for refills on soda. What is this, a pizza joint? Why did you sign up for it Newburg if you have issue with honoring it. Restaurant was dead when we came in. Wait staff was immediately rude when we showed the coupon. It is a shame. Using the coupons has got our family introduced to reastaurants we never tried and now have subsequently become regulars. Definitely not happening with this one. Food nothing to speak of. Not horrible but with a rude staff and an owner who is out of compliance with Restaurant.com, just a matter of time before the doors shut on this local business too.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Erika M
EASTON
“Cant change the rules....”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I recently attempted to try this place again after many years. I guess it should have been warning enough seeing signs on the door when we arrived, at the hostess desk and on the menu about showing any coupons before ordering. Well we ordered two glasses of Sangria and started checking out the menu. We decided on what we wanted and placed our order with the waitress with our Restaurant.com coupon. She told us right away that our food must be at least $50 to use it. I stated that it clearly said $37.50 min purchase on the coupon and that we were well over that. Nope. Sorry it is now $ 50 and you will need to buy something else. At this point I am getting rather irritated at the attitude. Out comes the Manager not backing down at all. I look around at this place on a Friday night @ 6:30 and it is dead and now I know why. I asked the manager to return my coupon and bring my bill. Paid the 20 bucks for the 2 sangria's and went down the street to the Nazareth diner. Its all about principle..... Never again. If you sell something to the public you better honor it for what it is.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank MAZAKMASTER
michigan
“Yummy yummy pasta”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

OMG I am here from Michigan and want to move right in,,,The best pasta and service I have had in a very very long time... ask for Kathleen as your server she is Great!!!!! Great salad bar and hot flavorful soup

• Visited August 2013