“If You Love Lobster Tails, This is THE Place!”

Beck's Land & Sea House
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Nazareth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Beck's Land and Sea House opened it's doors in 2003. Since then we have been serving only the Best Seafood, and finest hand cut Steaks. We are proud to have won "Best Seafood Restaurant" and "Best Crab Cakes" from 4 different Lehigh Valley Publications
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I rarely order lobster tails when I am dining out........way too expensive for the lack of quality/taste that I usually receive, but I have NEVER been disappointed at Beck's. Their lobster is the sweetest and most flavorful that I have tasted in MANY years! They only offer the cold water lobster tails and that is why so many of us rave about them.

That doesn't mean that you should NOT come here if you don't like lobster. We have ordered many of their seafood selections and they all have been great. A few friends of ours have ordered the beef/steak entrees and have also been very happy with their meals.

This restaurant is a bit "out of the way" for some people, but if you love seafood, I would recommend programming your GPS to discover this fine gem.

Our service has always been wonderful...very attentive and helpful with suggestions.

We usually start our evening with a glass of wine at the bar, but when making reservations, I would highly suggest that you specify that you do NOT want to eat at the tables in that area....too much going on!

1  Thank LivinglifeinPA

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We always enjoy going to Beck's, although we do not frequent it as much as we would like to! My wife and I celebrated our Anniversary there the other night, and although I would like to give you a comprehensive review of the menu, I can't! I always get the same thing here, "Twin Stuffed Lobster Tails". This is one of my favorite meals and I have not found it done as well as beck's does it anywhere! And also I must say that once you experience a meal that seems to reach a pinnacle, you are ready for a letdown after that, none here! Their Lobster Tails are always excellent and prepared perfectly and the crab imperial, generously portioned on top is just fantastic. Broiled to perfection and served with drawn butter, I can not think of a better place that I've ever been to have this meal..........

1  Thank richardwilkins57
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I know everyone loves this place, but it just didn't do it for me. I enjoy nice places that have class, but Becks just seemed snotty and full of themselves. The decor was straight out of a Pier 1 catalog. Although the food was good, it was overpriced in my opinion. The bartender put half a shot of Dewars in my boyfriends drink. For $8, it should probably be a bit stronger. Maybe I'm not "high class" enough for this place, or maybe my nose just isn't in the air! We won't be back.

1  Thank Missy921
Reviewed September 30, 2012

With the quiet atmosphere and prices that keep families away with children, I enjoyed my evening. Kids SERIOUSLY ruin a nice meal and there were none here. Don't feel the need to get too dressed up, most people there on a Saturday night were in jeans and casual attire, with men who don't take off their hats or coats while eating, or know how to hold a knife and fork. The wine list is very nice, but the physical wine menu itself, is OBNOXIOUS. It's so big, you don't even know what to do with it.
The new scallops in bacon with a corn puree appetizer was AMAZING. I wish I had just ordered 5 orders for my meal.
The lobster risotto was not cooked thoroughly and did not taste of lobster at all.
The crab cakes were flavorful, but had a lot of inner shell pieces in them that weren't edible.
French onion soup was very good, but needs about 20 minutes to cool before eating.
They carry Lambic Framboise!!! That was a huge plus.
Lobster tails and brown butter were good.
Seafood pasta was good.
Overall, I enjoyed my evening, but at $200+ including tip, I was hoping for more. I would go back to eat appetizers and lambic, but nothing more.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

the food was good but with just a bit more attention to the small details..ie dressing the serving plate and dessert plates..it could be moved to above average...service was good..not too pricey..they do have a happy hour..atmosphere is good..friendly..