“Awesome FREE Tour”
Review of Martin Guitars

Martin Guitars
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Nazareth
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether making guitars for god (Eric Clapton) or mortals, Martin Guitar does all 300 steps by hand.
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I always wanted to take this your but it took family visiting from Florida to give me an excuse to take off work & go. They only do tours between 11am - 2pm M-F. The tours are free and are first come first served.
We arrived early at 9am and this gave us plenty of time to enjoy the free meuseum detailing Martin Guitars history. ( Don't miss this! They have some really cool Guitars on display. )
The tour itself was very cool & educational. They take you thru each step of the process & the hand craftsmanship on display is amazing. It made me want to go buy a guitar & I don't even know how to play one:)

1  Thank 75cruiser
There are newer reviews for Martin Guitars

Reviewed September 11, 2013

8/27/2013

Lengthy tour; interesting tour. The tours provide a good idea of the complexity and talent needed to build guitars, particularly on a mass scale. While the tour was thorough, the group size was too large and it was difficult to ask questions and get them answered. Also, only the front part of the group was able to see much of what the tour guide was talking about at the moment. The group size of 15 is too large for everyone to be able to see. Each person is provide a headset and receivers. The lowest volume setting on the receiver was nearly enough to make you lose a few percent of hearing after listening to the tour guide for over an hour. The pace of the tour at times seemed rushed while at other times seemed like eternity.

The museum in front of the building is great; a lot of time could be spent in it. The walls are decorated pictures of many stars that have used these guitars. Several guitars hang on wall for anyone to pick up and play.

This is a place where workers are encourage to play with the guitars they produce. Several were.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This tour is not only interesting and informative but FREE! The tour lasted over an hour and since we arrived early, it was just 8 of us which made it even more personal. The guide was friendly, took his time, answered all of our questions and was a retiree of Martin so he really knew his stuff. Even though only 2 of our group actually play guitar, we all enjoyed the tour immensely. My brother enjoyed playing the guitars that are in the waiting area for you to try out and enjoy. Don't hesitate to add this to your things to do list. But I would not bring young children (under 10 years old, in my humble opinion) since you are walking through a working factory.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I accompanied my husband with no expectations and this factory made fall in love with Martin Guitars. Tours are free and well organized. You tour a working factory and watch these incredible artisans craft the beautiful guitars. You can hear and see everything thanks to a headset earphones you are given at the start. The tour takes about an hour.

In addition to the tour there is a small museum which traces the rich history of Martin guitars from its beginnings in Germany in the 1700s. Vintage and famous guitars adorn the wall along with pictures of recognizable musicians who played them.

I was most impressed with the level of quality, the pristine factory, the workers who seem to love their job, and attention to environmental concerns.

You can also try guitars in a specially designed room. The factory doesn't sell guitars.

Though expensive, the gift shop had Deneen mugs which I love.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The FREE factory tour was so much fun. The guide (Ben) was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. The tour is of the actual factory so we were able to see the guitars being made at each step of the process. Well worth the drive.