“Excellent guitars/ excellent tours!”
Review of Martin Guitars

Martin Guitars
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Nazareth
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether making guitars for god (Eric Clapton) or mortals, Martin Guitar does all 300 steps by hand.
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Martin guitars are regarded as great guitars; their Martin factory tour is great too! It starts in their very clean and modern Visitors' Center, where we were invited to browse the gift shop, exhibits or play selected Martin guitars while we waited for our free tour to begin.

All tour participants were given headphones to wear since we would be going through loud manufacturing areas; we all could adjust the volume of our tour guide's voice accordingly!. Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable- giving our group ample time to observe the various areas and politely answer our questions.

The ~one hour ended back in the Visitors' Center. My wife- and even my teenage son- agreed that this was one of the best tours that we have ever taken!

1  Thank Eljarah
There are newer reviews for Martin Guitars

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've visited twice now, in 2011 and 2012, and would go back again & again. I play acoustic guitar, so I am not an unbiased observer! Just to walk in and smell that terrific blend of freshly cut wood, glue resin, varnish, and paint is worth the trip. But you also get : the full gamut of guitar building ... watching real craftsmen & craftswomen at work ... an amazing guitar museum full of history and glamour ... a tour guide who knows what he's talking about ... a gift shop with intriguing souvenirs ... and (best of all) a chance to play quality guitars without anyone saying "that's enough now". Hard to find a more rewarding (and free) experience if you play guitar.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

It was so pleasant to see the guitars and go on the tour to see the craftsmen actually making them. The giftshop was amazing and I was able to buy something for my husband who plays the guitar.

1  Thank KaraR111
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Took a tour right through the factory as watched the guitars being put together, played, packaged. Incredible!!!!

1  Thank Cheryl N
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We made the trip from Mauch Chunk Lake Camping in Jim Thorpe about an hour drive. My daughter (15) loves guitars and she loved this tour and museum. This is a real factory tour and you get to see everthing. The tour lasts about an hour and our guide actually worked most of his life at the factory working his way to management and than retired tour guide.So, he knew everything and passed it on to us in the tour. You see everthing hands on and the employess dont seem to mind if you take photos. It is fascinating the process that each guitar goes through to the finished product. I learned so much and I don't even have an interest in guitars. Afterward you can look through the museum (magnificient collection small but unique). The best part is, this is free.