Churchtown Inn Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Narvon
See available hotels
The Waynebrook Inn(Honey Brook)
View Hotel
Old Summer House(East Earl)
Hollander Motel(New Holland)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bcovered bridgemurder mysterymade us feellancaster arealiving roombreakfasts were wonderfulcomfortable roomsgracious hostslook forward to going backamish familieshome away from homea real treatcrepesamish weddingwonderful weekendchris
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 20, 2008

We stayed at the Churchtown Inn with another couple on our annual fall trip together, using it as our base to explore the Amish country. Our rooms were comfortable, nicely decorated, and well supplied. The breakfasts were superb, and Jim and Chris were excellent hosts. The location is excellent, though one of the rooms was very close to the busy road on the first floor and had some road noise. Our friends reported it was not a big problem.

My only quibble is with some details. Breakfast is served only at nine AM, which is a little late if you want to get out exploring. Having one earlier sitting would be more tourist-friendly and account for different habits, hopefully without increasing the workload too much.

The quilts on the guest room beds are apparently good ones, because our room, at least, had a little wooden plaque on top of the quilt cautioning the guest not to leave it on the bed, lie on it, etc. Better to have some workaday copy quilts and hang the good ones on the wall, in my opinion. Finally, I could have done without the breakfast dessert; something that sweet really seems unnecessary - not that we didn't eat it, because like everything else, it was delicious.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank PeteandLynn
Reviewed November 19, 2008

WOOOOWW!
This was our first B&B experience, but what a great one!
Breakfast from Jim and Chris was original, fresh and delicious! And since it's everyday at 9, you'll meet the other guests.
They've made a great handout about the surroundings en if you want something special they'll make it happen.
Lovely old beautiful decorated house.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Redprincess
Reviewed September 4, 2008

What a treat! We've stayed in plenty of B&B's, and Chris and Jim's lovely inn definitely ranks among the best. Their friendliness and helpfulness with navigating the local area was much appreciated, and their home had everything we could have asked for. For a unique experience, join an Amish family for dinner . . . Jim will arrange it and give you tips before you go. We thoroughly enjoyed a gourmet breakfast each morning, served in courses and finished off with a special treat that always delighted our daughter. In addition to a not-to-be-missed breakfast, there are cookies available around the clock if you're a midnight muncher. We stayed in our own little attic "suite," which was kept delightfully cool (in August!). Must mention that I had relatives who stayed in one of the cottages a week before and raved about how comfy and beautiful it was. But . . . if you stay in the main inn, you get the breakfast. Did I mention that you shouldn't miss the breakfast?

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank windmillsandtulips
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I decided to stay in a bed & breakfast rather than a hotel while I was traveling for work. It was an incredible experience I did not anticipate.

Starting with booking the reservation, I was greeted with sincere hospitality. Chris and Jim did everything they could to accommodate my work schedule. They served me breakfast early each morning and made arrangements for me to have dinner one night in the home of a local amish family.

Driving to Churchtown through the rolling green hills, while passing white farm homes with their barns and silos nearby, created such a calming experience. I was greeted by Chris as if we had known each other for years.

My room was neat, clean and very comfortable. The private bathrooms were also clean and complete with towels, soaps and outlets.

Breakfast was unbelievable! There were four courses each morning out in the sunroom, overlooking a beautiful landscaped garden with pond. Beyond this view, was a large field of corn, and beyond that, two large beautitul farms. Sitting in this place made me feel like I entered a Currier and Ives picture. I was absorbed into the richness of the scenary, as if I was a part of it.

Did I mention the food? Fresh fruit, peeled and sliced with a hint of cream. Rich coffee. Homemade granola from a local amish farmer, available for sale. Egg souffle, or french toast with baked apples. Homemade lemon poppy seed muffins. I can go on and on.

I can't wait to go back. It was truly my best ever experience away from home.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Chalupa2
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This is the best American B&B we have found. Chris & Jim Farr are the most hospitable accomodating hosts we have met. Made you feel at home without being intrusive. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The four course breakfast is outstanding...especially the home-made Churchtown Inn granola! Jim gave us great ideas for exploring the Amish countryside, leading us to off the beaten path country roads, where we were able to experience a unique visit.

Also the weekend we were there last was for "Churchtown Days". The whole village becomes a giant yard sale. What fun it was to explore and find uniquely Pennsylvania items for a steal!

Stayed: August 2008