“Impressed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had been to this restaurant before and while I personally always had a good meal others in my party were not as pleased. However, I recently went again with family and everyone enjoyed his/her meal. I had the Bourbon Spiced Pork Chops with apple compote and chose sides of house salad and red beets. The pork chops were done perfectly with a subtle sweet yet lightly spiced sauce. Salad was nice. And red beets are not usual on a menu so in a way they were a treat. I gave into ice cream with creme d'mint liqueur to finish the meal. The service was very good. Meal was reasonably priced. It is a nice place, not overly decorated and set so you can have a nice conversation with the entire dinner party. I also checked and they do catering as well. Overall, I was impressed!

Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

It smells like a wharf in here my god! Great place great food but wouldn't come back. Terrible in all respects.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at a dinner with a friend at MAPS. As a native of Nanticoke, I still remember the old 'Ships' Inn'. The atmosphere at Maps was very pleasant; the food was fresh, well prepared and very delicious.
Being there on a Wednesday, it wasn't crowded; however, it seems that the service would be just as friendly and helpful as on a weekend.
The only negative was the outside appearance.
Will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a little gem in Nanticoke, PA. Their staff is great as well as the food. Also, they are very accommodating for use of the banquet room with food choices and dates.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I know that I want the lump crab cakes with garlic spinach. It is just delicious, but pricey.There is no atmosphere, and it is on the dark side inside. The outside is not nice at all.