“Lounge Restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2012

Great dining experience in the lounge once again...casual quiet...Brian our lounge 'host' "bartender' and waiter was once again excellent considering his myriad of duties.He was most considerate and pleasant..an asset to your reputation

Reviewed May 15, 2012

We love to eat in the lounge...cozy and intimate but also friendly. Brian is a great bartender and server. Don't know how he does it all, but he also has time to chat with people.....

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This review is for the downstairs bar/restaurant of the Lantern Lodge. You walk into a very dimply lit room, which is a bad sign because I like to be able to see if the room I am about to eat in is clean or not. The room is so dark that it is almost impossible to read the menu. Everything about the room is just dark. They could live up to their name a little better by providing some LANTERNS! A single candle on each table is all the light you get. Onward! The draft beer selection is poor: Bud Light, Yeungling (naturally), and Troegs summer wheat beer. I ordered a Troegs and instantly regretted it after a few sips. When I mentioned to the waitress that I didn't like it, she was kind enough to say that I just paid $4 for it, which didn't help the taste in my mouth. We ordered dinner at about 6:45 PM. Some other guys who were with us ordered buffalo chicken wings as an appetizer. Our food arrived no earlier than 8 PM. The other guys got their wings after their entree was served. My wife was looking forward to her Chef's salad with grilled chicken, sliced hard-bolied egg, tomato, etc. Instead of receiving what she ordered, she got a chicken Caesar salad. when we pointed out the error to the waitress, she admitted that she "put the order into the computer wrong" and she could go back to fix the salad herself. After waiting so long for our food, we didn't want to delay any longer so we just took what what served and ate it. My wife and I both noticed that the chicken had a burned taste to it and it was dry. I ordered chicken and broccoli penne with marinara sauce. The marinara was bland with no hint of any spice to it. We had to get up early the next day, so we wolfed down our food and got out of there as quickly as possible.

Perhaps the main restaurant upstairs has better atmosphere and service, but the food comes from the same kitchen. I honestly don't understand how this place stays in business with such lousy service. We've dined here before and I expected slow service, but this was the worst I have ever seen. This place is ready for Chef Gordon Ramsay and an episode of Kitchen Nightmares. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY.

3  Thank MD_scubanut
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This was our first visit to Lantern Lodge after many years; what a treat! Service, atmosphere, and especially the meals were excellent. Trish Heimbach, our server, was especially helpful with describing the featured appetizers and selecting our entrees; she is a very congenial server. Our much-needed evening away was perfect at the Lantern Lodge -- don't know why it took so long for us to return as we remembered the fine dining experiences there from in the past. We definitely will put this restaurant on our "favorites" list and return more often! Thank you for a very enjoyable dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Elegant ambiance and gourmet food; hard to find in a rural setting. Mr. Hollenbach is a congenial maitre d' and Trish Heimbach a pleasant and efficient server. We dine here often at night, but breakfast is also a treat.