“Dirty rooms, awful services, overall terrible experence”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Myerstown
Latham, New York
“Dirty rooms, awful services, overall terrible experence”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Complete waste of money. My stay started with room keys not working and ended with the same issue. The shower did not work in one of our rooms and was never addressed. Rooms were not cleaned (although I did request them to be cleaned) . We could not get something as simple as toilet paper for one of the rooms. The staff was condisending. I did ask for a call from the Manager ...Surprise a week and a half later no call.

Room Tip: Go down the road to anyother Hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Debbie K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbia, PA
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Do not waste your money on the Lantern Lodge! The rooms are very outdated musty smelling and dirty. Our toilet was not even cleaned before we arrived; there were dirty towels in the Bathroom. It made me question if the bed linens were clean or not. We had to go to the front desk multiple times with problems about the shower, internet service, dirty room, and key cards not working. When I went down about the internet service I asked why I could not get internet in my room and the front desk clerk stated "do you think I have mental telepathy how should I know why you do not have internet is not working". I could have slapped the young punk, my kids would never think of talking to me like that. The service desk recommended eating at the restaurant at the Lantern Lodge and the food did not come for 1 hour and 45 min. While we waited the waitress never came to see how we were on drinks, never once stated I am sorry for the delay. Finally we got a salad and soup when we went to eat it there was no silver wear, and then the mozzarella sticks came out and guess what? There was no cheese in them! Well we had enough at this point and we left and went to a wonderful place down the street Raub's Twin Kiss and had a great meal! I have been coming to the Lantern Lodge off and on for the past eight years and I have to say it is not the same place it used to be. :( I had to rate it a 1 but I would not even give it that!

Room Tip: Drive down 422 and go to the next hotel or motel you will be a lot happier.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mary Ellen K
Lancaster, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Totaly mis-led by website; room carried musty odor, greeted by cobb webs and three spider nests! Killed a huge exotic bug on the wall; was informed that electronic key does not work and will be fixed when maintenance man arrives; never did! No maid service next day; maid service following day left dirty coffee ccups no coffee, no tissues. Ice machine did not work in our building; waiting for same maintence man! This stay and lack of response cured me on Quality Inns; I hope this review will help someone else avoid frustration and paid top dollar to boot!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jim A
Sausalito, California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I have never before written a review and I travel a lot. But this hotel is so different from how presented on the website I feel the need to warn others. I believe it has changed hands in recent years so perhaps it once deserved the AAA diamonds, but you would be hard pressed to find a square inch without at stain. It has not been updated in decades. The service in the restaurant was downright surly, food was bad and slow to arrive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank pshea
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 28, 2011

Over all the room was clean, but the room was dark and musty.

We could not use the shower at all. There was (0) water pressure. The desk clerk did discount the room 25% to make up for the fact there was no shower.

Also, the night before there were a bunch of drunks outside of our room from 11pm to 1am.

The best thing about this place is it pet friendly and you can get a room on the ground floor.

Mattress was extremely worn. Both of us woke up with sore backs.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kathy8383
TravelingMan411, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
I would first off like to thank you for your stay and appologize for the water issue. I am happy to see the front desk did thier job and credited you the 25% of that night. As for the drunk guests, our staff did ask them to keep it down and to head to their rooms, at which time they did. Unfortunelty we can predict what guests will do, but am happy we were able to stop the occurance as soon as possible. Lastly, I am very confused about the beds. The entire property was fitted will all BRAND NEW Sealy mattress and boxspings as well as pillows, blankets, sheets, etc. only 18 months earlier, when we converted to a Quality Inn and Suites. We welcome all comments and would love to host you again at our property, and will do everything in our power to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I have stayed here many many times (almsot every weekend and sometimes for more than a week at a time for the past 3 years) while visiting my mom before she passed away and I have ALWAYS been treated with nothing but kindness and respect and if I had any kind of an issue(VERY VERY RARE) I was taken care of right away and with great care. I am a very picky person when it comes to staying in a hotel or lodge and anyplace must meet my standards and my standards are HIGH and I really LOVE this place and the people who run it!!!! My favorite saying, "If you go looking for trouble, you will find it" BUT you will not find it here!!!! I will be planning another trip here at the end of June 2011 to visit with my sister for at least 4-5 days and I am very much looking forward to staying here again!!! Thank You!!!! I can not comment on the restaurant asw I have never had the pleasure of eating in it but I have no doubt that it is AAAAA+++++ as well. Anything else marked not sure is because I have never used it but again I am sure it is nothing less than AAAAA++++++++
Colleen Krason

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank krason53
PA
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We came in town for a rabbit convention. We had terrible experiences at another hotel over the years and this was a great change. Unfortunately it's 1/2 hr from the fairgrounds, but the rooms were clean, well maintained, had a nice banquet facility and courteous accommodating staff. Great place to stay. Had a wonderful full breakfast with our room rate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cavychauffer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Myerstown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lebanon
Comfort Inn & Suites Manheim - Lebanon
Knights Inn Pine Grove
Knights Inn Pine Grove
#3 of 4 in Pine Grove

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon? Share your experiences!