“Great Find!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Myerstown
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed at this hotel after going to the Hamburg, PA Cabelas and before traveling on to the Lancaster area. It was in between the two places and much less expensive than the Hamburg area hotels, so we decided to give it a try. What a great choice we made.

When we checked in our room was upgraded at no cost to a larger room. The room was very spacious. Some of the wallpaper was peeling corners in the bathroom, but no big deal really. There was also bits of toilet paper stuffed into screw holes that weren't being used. The holes didn't go through the wall, so I am not sure why they were stuffed. Kind of strange that maintenance wouldn't put spackling paste there, but it didn't effect our stay any.

After checking in we went next door to The Lodge for dinner. The formal dining room was closed, but we had a good meal in the bar area. The service was good and the people very friendly.

We had a good night's sleep and it was very quiet. Of course, we were there on a Wednesday, so the place wasn't real busy. The next morning we headed back over to The Lodge for our complimentary breakfast. We were offered two eggs cooked anyway we wanted, home fries and toast. It was all very good and the setting of The Lodge was very nice.

Overall, this is a great place to stay and we will go again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 7, 2011

I took a last minute work trip that landed me in meyerstown, PA- and although I wasn't excited about the place, I was happy that I made a great hotel choice! It definitly made my time in PA a lot more exciting. When I walked into the hotel, I noticed the lounge area that was comfy, clean and not expensive at all. I travel so much for work, and have experienced many hotels, but the owner of this hotel, was amazingly helpful - and even gave me some tips on where i should go in and around PA. The rooms were very spacious and clean which made this stay even better. In general the hotel was a good place to be to unwind after work. I was definitly happy to have made this last minute choice - and if I were to ever go back, I will definitly stay here! thanks to the owner and great staff!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kavz01
Reviewed November 5, 2010

The employees at the Lantern Lodge were so friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the landscaping and courtyard were beautiful. We ate in the restaurant three times during our stay and the food was delicious. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I made my reservations online at choicehotels.com with my choice privileges account. I booked a room with 2 Double Beds, Non-Smoking, Government Rate. The reservation confirmation also clearly stated that this stay WAS eligible for Choice Privileges Rewards Points. When I arrived, the management first told me that they didn't see my reservation. Then the lady behind the desk said "oh, we saw that you were travelling alone so we put you in extended stay" Translation: THEY GAVE MY ROOM AWAY TO ANOTHER GUEST. Then they cheerfully told me that I would NOT get the Choice Privileges points! All hotels in the area were completely booked, so it's not like I could say, no! A man showed me to my "room". It was NOT in the hotel, far from it, it was an OLD, DIRTY townhome converted to efficiencies that looked like week to week rentals or subsidized housing at best, that had other people LIVING (not staying) there! The steps were narrow and steep. There was NO soap. there was NO ice machine, but even if there were, there was NO liner for the ice bucket. It was near a bar and LOUD. Sure, in normal circumstances, you can go to the front desk and get these things, or call the front desk and they could bring you these things quickly. BUT it was LATE and DARK when I checked in, and even later when I finished my work and needed some soap and some ice water. I'm sure if I called, they would have brought it to me, but it would not have been quick due to the location of my "room", and I was too tired to wait. The next morning when I expressed my dissapointment, the lady said, 'well, the best I can do is give you your Choice Privileges points!" Gee, thanks a lot! Considering the reservation clearly said I was entitled to them in the first place! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE!! I have already made reservations for February 2010 at the Holiday Inn Express. Read those reviews and compare.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank FluffynMandy
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was in from out of town and my friend was having his wedding reception here. We were very pleasantly surprised at how nice everything looked and the gentleman at the front desk was very accommodating to our needs. Here is where the problem comes. It is a growing problem in hotels with bed bugs. We walk in to the first room we were given and find one under the mattress so we asked for another which was given but in the second room we found another. This doesn't always portray the quality of the hotel but having bed bugs in your own home is a long, grueling and expensive endeavor (we know other people that have had them). so although the staff was niv ce I just can't recommend the hotel. The reception was great though. if you stay here check the sheets. h

• Stayed: September 2010
3  Thank astriegel75
TravelingMan411, Public Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Our hotel is surrounded by mulitple beautiful gardens, with 99% of the rooms having a balcony opening up to those gardens. Unfortunetly with the media being the way it is, the world is very quick to think the worst. The truth is at our property, as well as many others, if you leave the balcony door open for a long period of time there is a chance a fly, etc may enter the room. Yes that is not ideal, but as in this guests experience, it also was NOT bed bugs. The media has guests scared and believing anything they see in a hotel is a bed bug and that is just NOT true. If you listen carefully to the experts this problem is actually seen more in movie theater and public bus seats, etc. Places that hundreds of people use every day, and not by a hotel room that is used by 1 guest every other day or so. I truely hope this helps people understand this situation better

Reviewed June 25, 2010

I have stayed here many times and have posted a previous review of this property. This time we decided to try something different and booked two adjoining rooms in the newer building of the property. The first of the two rooms was OK - a bit tired with wallpaper peeled off various sections of the wall and the room was quite dark - even with all of the lights on. The adjoining room, however, reeked of stale cigarettes (even though it was a non-smoking room.) My guess is that they converted this room from a smoking to non-smoking without replacing carpet, etc. We cancelled the second room and crammed ourselves into the first room for the duration of our stay. Since they joined the Quality Inn label, they now offer a standard breakfast as a complimentary item. But the waitperson in the restaurant summed it up best. When asked what had changed since joining Quality Inns and Suites, she told us "nothing - we simply joined the chain."

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband, 12yo daughter and myself flew up for my stepson's high school graduation. My stepson and his girlfriend drove us to the hotel to check in. I am not sure if the manager was having some personal problems in his life or was having a bad day but was rude from the moment we walked through the door. As we were trying to check in, the manager gave a different price than what was on our receipt. My husband asked a simple question of why the price was different; it was not a matter of paying the difference since it was not a huge amount but a matter of wanting to know where this extra money was going. The manager instantly started yelling and told us since we had an attitude about it we could get out of his hotel. He then turned to my husband and stated, "what are you going to do about it? You going to hit me, tough guy?" We were never rude when we came in and could not believe what we were seeing and hearing. We had kids with us and my daughter was scared. I could not explain any of what was going on. You could see evil and hatred in this person and that is so sad. We run a successful business and know that we would not get anywhere treating people like we were treated. We left the hotel and found a very nice one not too far away. The manager there told us that was not the first time they had heard a story like ours from the Lantern Lodge. I may have lost three nights of hotel money (yes, the manager tells you to leave but won't refund your money back...sounds like a pretty good scam, don't you think?), but under no circumstances would I ever stay here. I suggest that when you see the name Lantern Lodge, keep driving. There are other nicer hotels that would love to take your money and treat you like a valued customer!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank asgutter
TravelingMan411, Owner at Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

This family lied to save $10, got caught, and are now blaming the hotel out of spitefulness. Guest was caught in his lie, when his wife came in to check in with out him. She stated there were more people in the room than the husband had booked for. He came into office and saw there was an extra person charge, and knew he was caught in his lie, he started yelling racial comments to the front desk agent. Then he threatened to beat up the agent, in front of his kids, as well as other hotel guests, if the agent "stoped hidding behind the desk"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Myerstown
Comfort Inn Midway
18 mi away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
#1 of 7 in Wyomissing

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites Myerstown - Lebanon? Share your experiences!