“Overpriced and Bland”

Bradley's Fern Park Incorporated
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual Dining in the Muncy Hills
“Overpriced and Bland”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Really? Is all I can say. After reading the glowing reviews on here for Fern Park, I just had to go there for myself. MIstake. Where to begin... First off our table was situated in a room about the size of a below average restroom. The chairs of the other tables were so close that one had to get up from their own chair so a person could get up from another table. I do agree with the post about not being kid friendly. A restaurant with a menu of its' size and there is no kids menu on it? We ordered an 8.00 chicken fingers for our 5 yr old. nothing came with it and with drink was close to 10.00 for a 5 yr old. All totaled up with tip 2 adults and 2 kids under 10, 100.00. That sounds REALLY great. Now the service... the waitress seemed overwhelmed with just working our section of 4 tables. Apparently at this place a tray to carry the food to the table is frowned upon, because she carried each item individually to the table. Also, when the drink order was taken, she just acted like she could remember it without writing it down and of course she forgot what we ordered and had to make 4 trips. She didn't come back to ask how the food was, there were no complaints but we could have used more drinks, waitressing 101 folks. Next, I ordered 2 appetizers for the table and an entree. Salad came out quickly, great. Then probably 15 minutes after ordering, my appetizers showed up and also my entree also did. So now I had 3 heaping plates of food in front of me. It felt rushed so we would get done so they could turn around the table. There is nothing more annoying than having the entree show up at the same time as the appetizers. Ridiculous.So of course I ate half of all three plates and had a bunch to take home. Now the actual food... the mussels that were raved about are not the best in the area, not even close. Go to the Front Sreet Station in Northumberland if you want good mussels. They had no taste at all and it felt like I was eating a piece of paper. It is as if the chef was never taught how to season food while it was being cooked. The wings... OK. they were the jumbo wings and they take longer to cook than a normal sized wing, they weren't cooked long enough. Of course with the waitress not returing we couldn't get the issue fixed. If I would try and feed these to my dog, he would bite me. Take that for what its worth. For the entree, I got the seafood primavera. Sounds wonderful. There was a generous portion of food but again it had no taste at all! I oculd have stayed at home and ate a dish towel and got the same out of it. In closing, I do not recommend this place for many reasons. First and foremost the chef doesn't know what he is doing and the price is way too high. This isnt the big city folks, if you want to get large portions that are pretty good go to Haywood's just up the street in Muncy. A far as all of the glowing reviews, you must be either the owners, friends of the owners, or just shills who get something from posting glowing reviews.

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank GHOLTZ77

Madison, Wisconsin
“Big portions, average quality”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Ate here on a Thursday night. The place is rather old and of average cleanliness. I ordered a regular menu of stuffed chicken breasts. They were OK - reminded me of something like a frozen portion from a food service company. I would have ordered mashed potatoes as my side, but they are not available. There are two kinds of fries and a baked potato - that's it. I got the baked potato. The salad to start the meal was average iceberg lettuce with some cucumber, tomato, etc. The other three in my party had a pork special which were boneless pork filets with a crab and asparagus topping with a sauce over the top. Comments were that the portions were huge but could have used more crab and less pork and the asparagus didn't have much taste.
Used the restroom - offensive anti-Obama articles posted to the bulletin board - one suggesting violence. I removed it and put it in the trash. Regardless of political views, a restaurant is not the place for it.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Brad M
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“We Love the Fern Park......”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

The Fern Park has great food at a great price. And every time we have been there the service has been wonderful.

For appetizers, we always start off with the mussels - they are to die for. The best anywhere. Their bacon-wrapped scallops are pretty good, too. They also have a crab stuffed portobello mushroom which is very good.

For the main course, we select from their steaks, their hamburgers, their subs, or their Seafood St. David. All of these selections are wonderful.

The Seafood Saint David is to die for. It is really good. It is full of seafood on top of a bed of pasta.

They have a huge menu. You can check it out on the web.

Make a reservation on the weekend.

We highly recommend the Fern Park. We have eaten there probably 50 times over the last 10 years. Each time has been good.

• Visited January 2012
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food, HORRIBLE Customer Service”
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Wonderful food with a unique menu, however the customer service was horrible. The snarky waitress forgot salads and complained to staff AND customers about children attending in our party. Apparently, children are frowned apon at this establishment and are not welcomed, even though when reservations were made, it was clearly explained that an infant would be in attendance. We were not offered the chance to add refills on, nor offered an apology for the brisk attitude from our waitress. It's a shame when a restaurant with better than average fare allows their waitstaff to act with such poor conduct and customer service skills. Will not be returning.

• Visited November 2011
Montoursville
“Excellent Food at a Very Reasonable Price”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

Eleven of us ate dinner there last night. My wife and I had eaten lunches there many times before, but had never been there for dinner. The restaurant was packed!! It was a Friday night, but I still could not believe the number of people. Thank goodness we had made a reservation!!!

The seafood was excellent!! Each meal came with a choice of potato and salad. My wife and I had the brew fries and tossed salads. The tossed salad was gigantic and had plenty of cucumbers and tomatoes.......not just lettuce!!

My wife's meal got "lost" for quite awhile, but the restaurant deducted 50% from the cost of her meal to compensate her. The crab stuffed flounder and the seafood trio were both under $19 each. We had leftover boxes as well due to the large portions served.

After eating our dinner, we understand why the restaurant was packed!!!!!!

• Visited October 2011