MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
$88
$80
SleepInn
Comfort Inn Lancaster County(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$80
$107
ComfortSuites
$129
$75
All reviewsdonutsstove toppull out sofagreat wafflesfull size fridgefaint smellsmall outdoor poolhard boiled eggscoffee makeroatmealthe living room areamini golf courseseparate bedroomwater pressure in the showerhotel of choicevery pleased with our staytwo queen beds
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Don’t blink! You might drive right past this little gem of a hotel.

If you are looking for value, you won’t find a better place in the entire Lancaster area. When I first came to town, I stayed at the competition (Homewood Suites) the first three days, and while that hotel was very nice, it came with a very nice price as well. In fact, Homewood was slightly more than double the price! Homewood is also located in a commercial business district, and has a lot of traffic congestion. After a couple of nights there, my co-worker told me about this place, so I checked it out.

Well, I have been staying here for the past 3.5 months now due to work, and my stay could not have been any better. First, this hotel is located on the far west side of the Lancaster metropolitan area, along US 30. If you are doing business in the area, you have quick and easy access on to US30, which is the main East-West drag through the Lancaster Area. There is a grocery store and strip mall less than two miles away.

One of the best things about staying here is that you can avoid the hassle of Lancaster traffic, which at times is absolutely horrible. I’d recommend going west to York for most of your shopping, unless you are coming to Lancaster to shop at the outlet malls, and go do all the touristy things, which are on the east side of town, but you will find yourself sitting in traffic quite a bit. If you are coming to the area for business, I’d highly recommend you stay here. In fact, there are a lot of other business folks & contractors who stay here. You can get to most of the business related areas in Lancaster and the surrounding area without having to fight the traffic on the touristy east side.

The hotel is situated on a very nice, somewhat tranquil wooded lot, in front of several lovely subdivisions. There is a nice putt-putt golf course between this hotel, and the Sleep Inn on the adjacent lot. There is a nice sand-which and ice-cream shop also located at the putt-putt course. The ground are nicely manicured and well taken care of. It is not uncommon to see the owner here checking on things. I took advantage of the nice neighborhoods for my daily walks. It is kind of hilly back there, and you will get a work out, trust me. I would often end up getting in to nice conversations with several of the homeowners in the community’s behind the hotel.

Anyway, back to the hotel. The owner and employees have a tremendous pride of ownership here, and it is well evident. You never see any employees slouching, or taking it easy. They are always cleaning here, even the hotel manager. Since I have been here, the owner has constantly been improving the property. They have all new carpet, furniture, and are currently upgrading the rooms. The owner George, his manager Leigh, and the entire staff always go out of their way to ask you if there is anything they can do for you to make your stay more pleasant. They foster a friendly atmosphere here. They make you quickly feel like a friend, as opposed to being “just a customer”.

If you are in to swimming, there is a nice pool out in the courtyard, with a terrific stone patio, tables, chairs, umbrellas, and shade from trees. I wish my back yard was this nice! The hotel even provides a gas bar-b-que grill, which many of the guests take advantage of. The breakfast area is clean, and a descent size. It is a pretty simple continental breakfast, Oatmeal (Quaker) cereal, hard boiled eggs, waffle maker, donuts, muffins, bagels, coffee, orange & apple juice, milk, tea. Most of the rooms, if not all, have kitchenettes, so, if you like to make your own bacon and sausage in your room, you can, which I did. They always have a nice fruit basket out, usually stocked with navel oranges, apples, bananas. Most nights they have hot, fresh cookies, which is always nice. They always have fresh hot coffee, and if they run out, they will make more for you.
The kitchenettes come stocked with toaster, coffee maker, a skillet pan, a 2-quart pan, colander, cooking utensils, as well as place settings for two people. You have a two burner stove top, dishwasher, and full size refrigerator-freezer.

I found my mattress to be one of the more comfortable mattresses I have slept on at a hotel. It’s not a pillow top, but for me, it is firm, which is what I like. All the beds are queen size, and they give you six comfortable pillows in the room. The other thing you will notice is that it is very quiet here. The walls between rooms are cinder block, so, you never hear your neighbor’s television, or traffic noise outside. You also have a nice work bench, comfortable chairs to work out of, two color televisions, and a pull out couch.

So, if you are coming to Lancaster, consider this gem. But don’t blink, you might drive right by it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for the complimentary review. I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy some of our many ammenities and found our location to be just what you needed. The staff strives to make every stay a pleasant one. We truly appreciate guests like yourself taking time to review the property.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here for two days,(would have been longer but health problems prevented) and could not have been more pleased. Ms Lee the Mgr could not have been nicer. If you need anything and it is in her power she will get it for you. Her positve attitude permeates the entire staff, The rooms very clean, well appointed, and spacious for the price. The only negatives is that there is very little artifical light in the sitting/sleeping area and the breakfast is very wonderful but wish they had more hot items including proteins. Would highly recommend! PS
the 'check-in' desk really is a desk!

Room Tip: No room service or spa
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OhioLegal
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary comments on our property. It is always great to here of our guests' positive experiences. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We recently spent a week staying at the Mainstay Suites in Mountville, PA. I chose this hotel for the price and the fact that for a long stay it is nice to have a kitchen for some meals. The room was clean and nice. I would think that a chain that caters to long stays would provide more comfortable chairs/couches and beds. The couch was hard as a rock and very uncomfortable to sit on for a long period of time. The bed was definitely old as it had a dip in the middle so throughout the night we would wind up falling into the dip.
The breakfast provided was not worth going downstairs for. They provided a waffel maker, bread for toast, cerel, hard doughnuts and muffins. Luckily we headed out early each day so we found breakfast out around town.
The staff was pleasant enough but did not go out of their way to make us feel welcomed.
The outdoor pool was still closed for the season, we were told we could use the indoor pool and gym at the Sleep Inn across the parking lot. We did not try out those options.
Overall it was a decent place to stay for under $100 a night but next time I will pay a bit more for a nicer upgrade.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not like our Serta mattresses as the were just replace in the fall of 2012 .Sofa sleepers usually are firmer due to the bed underneath them. We appreciate your comments.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were traveling with someone who must use a wheelchair. We also needed to have 3 separate beds in one room. When I called to make the reservation I was told that all the handicapped accessible rooms were booked. I told them we could manage as long as there was enouh room for the wheelchair to move around the room. The room we booked had 2 double beds and a fold out couch. I was expecting to feel crowded in the room. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the room was easy for everyone to move around in, even with the wheelchair. I definately thought it would be crowded once the couch was pulled out into a bed, but it was not. The kitchen includes everything you need including cookware and dishes. The only real down side to the room was the placement of the tv. There is only one tv and it cannot be seen at all from the bed by the window. The room was L shaped because it was the room directly over the entrance. So the two beds were in a sort of little alcove. The tv is in the sitting area and can be seen easily from any other area of the room except the beds. I like to watch tv in bed but we couldn't really do that. If you turn off the tv at bedtime then the room is perfect for you. I didn't really mind though. I was tired and fell asleep quickly. I found the beds comfortable. I was not bothered by any excessive noise. Route 30 does pass by the hotel but it sits back enough that it doesn't really bother you. There is an outdoor pool and a nice little courtyard when the weather is nice. When the outdoor pool is closed you can use the indoor pool at the Sleep Inn next door. I wish I had known that before we packed because we all love to swim. We didn't pack bathing suits because of there being only an outdoor pool. All in all though, we loved the place. I almost forgot that there is no light housekeeping on weekends. I thought that was a little odd, but we were only there two nights and it wasn't a big deal for us.

Room Tip: Ask if you can see the tv from the beds if you like to watch tv in bed.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
lindagallucci1, Director of Sales at MainStay Suites of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for taking time to comment on our property. I was very happy to hear that the large room worked out so well for you. We will check on the TV placement but I am not sure if it can be changed in that particular room. Most of our rooms you can see it from the bed so I think it is just the confirguration of that room. I happy to hear that you still enjoyed your stay and look forward to hosting you again sometime.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Recently, we needed a place to stay for two weeks while our kitchen was being remodeled.
This turned out to be the perfect solution. Room was very cozy and comfortable. Bathroom is a nice size and the shower one of the best we've ever had in a hotel. Kitchen is full size and fully stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, etc. That was a big help. Bed was very comfortable. Had no noise issues and got a great night's sleep every night. Breakfast offering was just enough, the usual fare plus waffles and donuts. They have an outdoor pool, which of course was not yet open for the season. However, there is a Sleep Inn within walking distance that has an indoor pool and Jacuzzi, which they let us use, a nice touch.
Best of all the staff were all wonderful, very friendly and knowledgeable. Linda Gallucci worked with us from the start to show us the room personally and make sure it fit our needs, and offered a great rate for the period. Would certainly recommend to anyone . Great location near US30 and area attractions. Great job Mainstay!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the great review! We love having guests like yourself that appreciate all the amenities we have to offer. I hope you are enjoying your newly remodeled kitchen!